Browns General Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sendejo won’t even start. Joseph would be a weird pick with him being new. 

I agree, but they're the only veterans in the middle of the defense besides defensive linemen (and technically everyone is new in Joe Woods Defense besides Sendejo, no?)

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Other than Myles and Larry, Denzel has the most tenure. Given his injury history, it wouldn’t be a wise move.

My money is on Sione.

He barely even played last year. Mostly special teams. Green dot is usually the leader of the defense that would be a bad move imo. I’d give it to Wilson over him. We really need to get a vet LB in here. 

52 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Maybe BJ Goodson 😬

Every indication seems to agree Joe Woods defense deprioritizes LBs, so I'd be surprised, but I did consider this possibility before dismissing it

Edited by kayelcio

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Other than Myles and Larry, Denzel has the most tenure. Given his injury history, it wouldn’t be a wise move.

My money is on Sione.

Also I think they're going to want to rotate the DL more often to keep them fresh, so I struggle to see it going to one of them.

If they're going to do away with CFB for the year then I say screw it and let's not drag our feet on this NFL thing and just take 2020 off.  At least then maybe I can continue to be productive with house projects on my weekend.  The daily anticipation of what is going to fall through is too painful. 

17 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sendejo won’t even start. Joseph would be a weird pick with him being new. 

I actually thing he might be in on base downs for run support

Also a side note, Im scratching my head at how we have made significant effort to stock the DB room but haven't made similar efforts along the OL/DL

On 8/8/2020 at 7:55 PM, candyman93 said:

Just going based off of Tampa Bay fans:

+Physical and tough. Will straight up mug WRs if asked.

-Slow as a turtle

Could work at safety. Bad fit for Todd Bowles scheme. Needs to be used like Mike Hughes / Logan Ryan.

I remember the kid at UNC (My ex went to school there and I have a habit of checking for players there LOL....that True Freshman they had last year will be the #1 pick in the NFL draft if he stays to his Sr. year) and he is not dead slow....he ran in the high 4.5's at the combine, but he play's along with his timed speed...I always thought of him like a guy like Eddie Jackson for the bears....Move Stewart to a S/Slot CB role and I think he may thrive....

47 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I actually thing he might be in on base downs for run support

Also a side note, Im scratching my head at how we have made significant effort to stock the DB room but haven't made similar efforts along the OL/DL

Because you play a lot more DBs than you do on the line. 

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah but as I said during the season last year, we dont want to wear down or starters, so having quality depth is just as important. A run down MG hurts the DBs just as much 

But DB's are more matchup based (you need more to pair against different kinds of relievers and offenses) and also play on other places (DBs tend to be your core kickoff/punt cover type guys). DL only has so many roster spots, so the depth there (while NOT less important) doesn't have to be as numerous. I'm not arguing DE/DT depth isn't important, just that it doesn't need to sheer #s.

I mean, Our base defense this year is going to be nickel (5 DBs, 2 LB, 4 DL) and my strong suspicion is that we will play more dime (6 DBs, 1/2 LB, 4/3 DL) than tradition 4-3. That means, even just assuming nickel, our #6 CB is as important as our #4 DE. So at DE, we've got Garrett, Vernon, Clayborn, and then bleh. I would've preferred a better #4 but you can't be perfect. At DT we've got Ogunjobi, Richardson, Elliot, and we were SUPPOSED to have Billings. If Billings hadn't opted out, that's a solid 4 deep at DT. 

• Like 1