Browns General Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, buno67 said:
Arian Foster type caliber performance, minus the over use... YES PLEASE!!!

I think this year we will be able to tell what they are going to do with Cubb.....if we see his carries down and Hunt is getting %40-%50 of the carries...they are saving the tread on the tires for at least a Derrick Henry type of extension (3 years good money) in the next year or two, IMO.

I really feel Hunt is going to be in a prove it year, and wanting to become a lead/main back again....and I know he said he wouldnt mind an extension, but if he has the type of year we all know he can have, I think he prices himself out of our economic model....I dont know any team with TWO big money running backs.

32 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

He would win the RG spot. He fits schematically and has started 76 games including playoffs.

Other than Wills, every starter on the o-line will have started 50+ games.

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think this year we will be able to tell what they are going to do with Cubb.....if we see his carries down and Hunt is getting %40-%50 of the carries...they are saving the tread on the tires for at least a Derrick Henry type of extension (3 years good money) in the next year or two, IMO.

I really feel Hunt is going to be in a prove it year, and wanting to become a lead/main back again....and I know he said he wouldnt mind an extension, but if he has the type of year we all know he can have, I think he prices himself out of our economic model....I dont know any team with TWO big money running backs.

I would be fine in franchise tagging Hunt. If he has a huge year and we can’t negotiate a decent deal. Keep tagging until Chubb gets his deal

Edited by buno67

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would be fine in franchise tagging Hunt. If he has a huge year and we can’t negotiate a decent deal. Keep tagging until Chubb gets his deal

Regarding Hunt, it depends on what kind of team we’re trying to become.

If we want to be a high scoring offense that has consistent issues defensively, keep Hunt AND Chubb. You can still win in the NFL with that style. I think it’s what the NFL wants. You can pay Nick 13 mil a year like Henry and Hunt 8 mil a year.

Other than Denzel and Myles, I won’t be upset if we lose guys on that side of the ball. They can almost all be replaced by draft picks.

Edited by candyman93

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He would win the RG spot. He fits schematically and has started 76 games including playoffs.

Other than Wills, every starter on the o-line will have started 50+ games.

The thing with Leary is that he is injury prone and he holds....a lot.

He is extremely mediocre. But I guess that's what this team needs at RG. Capable starter and good depth.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s an expensive tag. He’d have to be used a lot to justify that. 

I Think they will use Hunt all over the field this year. Especially with the talks that he will see some snaps at WR. Would love nothing better to see him playing WR3 in potential 3 WR set. You have him dictate what the defense potentially do. If they go small, you keep him into to block for Chubb or vice versa. If the defense goes with 3 LBs instead of an extra DB. Motion Hunt out and force them to declare their coverage. If Hunt goes out wide with Hooper in the game. They will need to some to come up to cover up Hunt. You then get into a match up game of who’s better Hunt or Hooper on the defender they like. If that LB comes out, you now created better rushing situations for Chubb. 

stef can potentially do a lot with Hunt. This is all with the idea that Chubb is in the game as well. I think they would want to hold onto both. Prolly make more sense to transition tag him. It’s cheaper than the franchise tag but is also a more realistic that he potential gets scooped up by another team and the browns s are rewarded with picks better than a 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think someone will want hunt. He’ll have another year away his incident and will be less toxic. He’ll want to be a lead back again. Idc if this is his home town he’s not taking discounts to keep being a backup. He’s still one of the best in the league. 

Right, I’m saying you pay Hunt as opposed to Chubb, not both.

I think Hunt is nearly as good but could be significantly cheaper.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

The thing with Leary is that he is injury prone and he holds....a lot.

He is extremely mediocre. But I guess that's what this team needs at RG. Capable starter and good depth.

Denver as a whole has sucked the last few years. Leary was more than fine in Dallas.