Browns General Discussion

candyman93

29 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Greedy has no value. Kareem is late or at best mid round value.

Greedy’s most valuable as dude who could potentially string together a nice half a season at the end of the year before entering FA and net an unexpected contract.

I’d be surprised if anyone is gonna offer a lot as of now though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Is the Shanny system starting to become outdated?

San Fran, Los Angeles, Green Bay, and Cleveland are all struggling.

San Fran is starting an average QB at best. LA is decimated along the OL and has no RB. Green Bay has a struggling OL and no receivers. Cleveland has below average weapons and a backup at QB.

Scheme matters, but you've still gotta have the players to execute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

San Fran is starting an average QB at best. LA is decimated along the OL and has no RB. Green Bay has a struggling OL and no receivers. Cleveland has below average weapons and a backup at QB.

Scheme matters, but you've still gotta have the players to execute.

San Fran made it to the SB and another NFCCG with that same QB so...something

Rams have the same RBs as they did last year when they won the SB. OL is important

Rodgers is struggling for him, might be age or just an off year, it's happened before

I think Aaron Rodgers would be doing much better with the Browns' weapons.

I don't know why those teams are struggling, did defenses figure something out? I dunno. Are they all unrelated coincidences? Maybe. What I can say is that I replied for some reason.

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Is the Shanny system starting to become outdated?

San Fran, Los Angeles, Green Bay, and Cleveland are all struggling.

It's definitely a pass first league, but I'll add this caveat:

1. Cleveland is still Top 10 in the NFL in offense despite having one of the worst starting QB's in the league. I think Cleveland and SF are more or less classic examples of why you need at least a good QB in the NFL. I think it's a quarterback issue, not a system issue.

2. The Rams have zero semblance of a running game and almost nobody outside of Kupp to go with a very injured Matt Stafford. 

3. Green Bay lost their two best WR last year and their OL has been pretty banged up. I think their FO undervalues offense/the WR position. They've gone D like 10 years in a row in the first round and have taken Rodgers for granted and now it's showing.

Looking at Cleveland’s weapons it’s obvious we just need a true #1 WR.

Cooper is a fantastic #2 guy. If Njoku plays like he has been, he’s a great #3 option. DPJ fits as a #4, Bell as a #5.

Let’s say we had a Justin Jefferson / Ja’Marr Chase on this roster. All of a sudden EVERYBODY is hyping up our receiving weapons.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Also, looking at the schedule, there’s only 1 realistic path to making the playoffs. I don’t want to hear “anything can happen” because it usually doesn’t.

If this team loses more than 7 games it’s over, period. I will put money down on it.

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

1. Cleveland is still Top 10 in the NFL in offense despite having one of the worst starting QB's in the league. I think Cleveland and SF are more or less classic examples of why you need at least a good QB in the NFL. I think it's a quarterback issue, not a system issue.

Unless you're the Jets.

Geno Smith, Tannehill, Cousins, Rush, Mariota... A lot of not great QBs are winning games.