Browns General Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not sure I’ve seen a team that plays so uninspired without actually tanking. It’s like, they compete, but they’re not invested.  Idk, kinda hard to describe.  Lots of “professional efforts”.

Specifically the defense.

I personally feel as though the dudes on offense play HARD. Jacoby, Chubb, our entire OL minus Wills who has been bad, Cooper, DPJ, and Njoku (when healthy). I have zero faults with that side of the ball from an effort standpoint.

Defensively, the amount of talent that we have coupled with the uninspired "going through the motions" lack of pride, pursuit, or willingness to take pride in anything or hang their hat on anything is completely alarming, and that's a coaching issue. You remove the uninspired, including players, and you do it NOW.

Delpit doesn't want to pursue? Introduce him to the bench.

JJ3 doesn't want to tackle? Should have traded him.

No LB outside of Taki wants to put his nose in there? Sign that random dude from training camp who sucked but plays hard.

• Like 2

I’m not sure I’ve seen a team that plays so uninspired without actually tanking. It’s like, they compete, but they’re not invested.  Idk, kinda hard to describe.  Lots of “professional efforts”.

I feel like the offense plays hard. Aside from maybe the New England game.

The defense seems checked out, though. They played well and fought vs. Cincinnati, but that's about it. I think they've quit on Woods, and I don't totally blame them. He was called out by them last year too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I personally feel as though the dudes on offense play HARD. Jacoby, Chubb, our entire OL minus Wills who has been bad, Cooper, DPJ, and Njoku (when healthy). I have zero faults with that side of the ball from an effort standpoint.

Defensively, the amount of talent that we have coupled with the uninspired "going through the motions" lack of pride, pursuit, or willingness to take pride in anything or hang their hat on anything is completely alarming, and that's a coaching issue. You remove the uninspired, including players, and you do it NOW.

Delpit doesn't want to pursue? Introduce him to the bench.

JJ3 doesn't want to tackle? Should have traded him.

No LB outside of Taki wants to put his nose in there? Sign that random dude from training camp who sucked but plays hard.

I think JOK plays hard too. He's just being used horribly by Woods.

• Like 3

And I always think that stuff is easier to spot on defense. You stop pursuing, you stop being an invested tackler, you start making "career decisions" about your health, etc.

On offense, you won't know unless you do an outside film study and start looking at the WR and whether or not they're running 100%, blocking, or the QB carrying out his fakes, or the RB picking up the blitz.

I haven't seen any of that on offense, but defensively, I've seen it since the Jets game and it wasn't fixed then and there (looking at you Delpit and JJ3).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for Woods, dude is straight up garbage:

This should be a DEFCON 3 alarm on losing the locker-room for the FO and Kevin Stefanski. Fire the DC before you lose the room as the head coach.

I'm not sure who has the final say there, but it needs to happen NOW.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You could blow up the front office and coaching staff but not the roster. You could definitely find people willing to take those positions but it isn't ideal when you won't have the contract flexibility/cap space to make any signature moves nor any 1st round picks in the near future.

You pretty much have to retool the coaching staff. The team has been built, presumably for this staff. So you'll have to find a coaching staff that fits the talent already here. As far as front office, they will just be on cruise control for the next 5 years the big moves are already made. Hit on a 2nd round pick here or there but really, what would be the point in changing the front office now.

Oh yeah I’m not talking about blowing up the roster. This is a roster that can win

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

This should be a DEFCON 3 alarm on losing the locker-room for the FO and Kevin Stefanski. Fire the DC before you lose the room as the head coach.

And like any place of employment I’m sure the players know who’s ****ting the bed and which coaches need a larger role.  So do the other coaches.  Make the move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah this year has really pissed me off. Even with a mediocre defense I think we’d be 6-3, 5-4 at worst 😤

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah this year has really pissed me off. Even with a mediocre defense I think we’d be 6-3, 5-4 at worst 😤

I went into the season with low expectations, but I folded on this team after the Jets and Falcons debacles. Even a remotely competent defense and this team is a 5-4 team fighting for a spot as opposed to a bipolar offense with a lousy defense.

• Like 2

Tough to be a Browns fan! Who is at fault and can it be fixed?  Two weeks to prepare for the weakest effort possible!

Haslam made a bad decision with Watson as he should have waited until he was available.  Berry made bad decision by not acquiring DT’s in FA.  Our safety play is poor and Berry should have addressed.  Stefanski is in love with calling plays instead of being a head coach.  Stefanski hired his buddies Woods and Pfeifer and does not have the guts to fire.  MWil stated the current situation accurately.  Players are getting big checks and just playing for paychecks which can be blamed on Berry.  The only fix rests with Watson on offense and blow up the defensive roster with coach in the off season.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah if we were losing because we just couldn’t put points on the board I think we’d all be much more comfortable with just waiting for Watson, but he doesn’t fix our biggest problems tbh.

• Like 1