Browns General Discussion

candyman93

Just evaluating Berry.

He’s done a really good job in free agency. His biggest free agency whiff is JJIII, but that’s because JJIII decided to become charmin soft.

Amari Cooper is a stud.

Jack Conklin has been rock solid.

Ethan Pocic has been rock solid.

Corey Bojorquez has been a massive upgrade over Gillian.

Jakeem Grant was a good signing, it’s just unfortunate what happened with him.

Berrys biggest weakness is by far his drafting. Will reserve judgement on this years rookies. However, he’s only drafted 3 “good” players: DPJ, JOK, and Newsome. I think Jedrick is an okay level player. Not worthy of a top 10 pick, but average.

Of course, Watson is the ultimate wildcard.

Edited by candyman93

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just evaluating Berry.

He’s done a really good job in free agency. His biggest free agency whiff is JJIII, but that’s because JJIII decided to become charmin soft.

Amari Cooper is a stud.

Jack Conklin has been rock solid.

Ethan Pocic has been rock solid.

Corey Bojorquez has been a massive upgrade over Gillian.

Jakeem Grant was a good signing, it’s just unfortunate what happened with him.

Berrys biggest weakness is by far his drafting. Will reserve judgement on this years rookies. However, he’s only drafted 3 “good” players: DPJ, JOK, and Newsome. I think Jedrick is an okay level player. Not worthy of a top 10 pick, but average.

Of course, Watson is the ultimate wildcard.

He hits a ton of doubles and not many home runs in the draft. It is a shame he read Mindcharacters posts and drafted Wils over Whirfs, I guess it could easuly have been the 370 pounder who doesnt play much too. 

One thing that isnt helping Berrys rep is how fundamentally flawed our defense is. Elliot has been stout at times, but he is useless ATM, our secondary should be excellent, but it is mediocre. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

One thing that isnt helping Berrys rep is how fundamentally flawed our defense is. Elliot has been stout at times, but he is useless ATM, our secondary should be excellent, but it is mediocre. 

This is a big part of why I think his job is being underrated potentially.  You can only evaluate the players based on what they’ve done, but their ability isn’t the sole factor in success vs failure.

I’d love to see these guys used a bit differently and see how they look then.

I understand Watson is better than JB. However, JB threw for 300+ and 3TD and our worthless TEs dropped 2 others. Watson isn’t going to be a cure all fix for roster deficiencies on defense, especially with our front 7. Throw in a lack of first round draft picks and cap space, and I have major concerns about the state of this team going forward.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I understand Watson is better than JB. However, JB threw for 300+ and 3TD and our worthless TEs dropped 2 others. Watson isn’t going to be a cure all fix for roster deficiencies on defense, especially with our front 7. Throw in a lack of first round draft picks and cap space, and I have major concerns about the state of this team going forward.

I agree with this, however, as has been mentioned, the scheme on D is really hurting us.  We have some "dudes" on this roster, but need to put them in a better position to succeed.  We should be set on O moving forward, outside of needing a "burner" at WR.  Essentially we need to find the guy that replaces Schwartz.  

We could dedicate everything else to D (draft capital, and FA) They need to show emphasis on shoring the middle up....Some fattys at DT that can stop the run.... A LB that is a tackling machine, A true FS, who can break up passes, and cover.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I agree with the point of the post that he doesn’t fix everything, but the performance by Jacoby is a little off.  Like, yes, he posted those numbers but a LOT of those stats came late and were garbage numbers.

Where Watson impacts this game is on the ground.  They aren’t gonna be putting 8-9 in the box and playing 1:1 with no help over the top against Watson.  Chubb will have running lanes.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I agree with this, however, as has been mentioned, the scheme on D is really hurting us.  We have some "dudes" on this roster, but need to put them in a better position to succeed.  We should be set on O moving forward, outside of needing a "burner" at WR.  Essentially we need to find the guy that replaces Schwartz.  

We could dedicate everything else to D (draft capital, and FA) They need to show emphasis on shoring the middle up....Some fattys at DT that can stop the run.... A LB that is a tackling machine, A true FS, who can break up passes, and cover.

I completely agree, but also, how much of that is fixed (or at least notably improved) by trusting these elite corners to actually go out and cover guys man on man and put some guys in the box/blitz?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Pocic expected to be out awhile. Not good. Froholdt got absolutely abused replacing him.

That stinks.  Pocic had been a nice revelation after Harris' unfortunate injury.  

https://www.footballdb.com/transactions/practice-squads.html

There are a few names I recognize on practice squads that might be worth plucking.  Austin Reiter from KC.  He's started 24 games over the last 3 years.  

• Like 2

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/11/browns-c-ethan-pocic-to-miss-multiple-weeks

Pocic went on the IR today, and we've added Greg Mancz, who spent many years with Houston.

Coincidence I Think Not GIF

Spoiler

Kind of have mixed feelings catering to our soon to be back QB by bringing in a "behind" that he is "familiar" with. 

Elephant Whatever GIF by Sing Movie

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d rather have neither coordinating.  I’d prefer Stefanski and literally anyone else. If you really want AVP coordinating, let him coordinate the defense, I’m fine with that.

I do know about you guys any chance we can get the 49er defensive coordinator as a head coach then make Dorsey the highest paid Gm.

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/11/browns-c-ethan-pocic-to-miss-multiple-weeks

Pocic went on the IR today, and we've added Greg Mancz, who spent many years with Houston.

Coincidence I Think Not GIF

Reveal hidden contents

Kind of have mixed feelings catering to our soon to be back QB by bringing in a "behind" that he is "familiar" with. 

Elephant Whatever GIF by Sing Movie

Nice gif

Love the excuse 

• Like 1