Browns General Discussion

candyman93

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I would love to hear what Callahan's approach to fixing the OL would look like moving forward 

This season?  I’m guessing something along the lines of “pocic’s knee better get right and fast” lol.

Next season I think we’re good in the interior with our guard, Harris, Deaton, and maybe Pocic.

Hudson and Wills are probably the tackles and I think we draft a reserve to develop.  I’d maybe try to find a young reclamation project in FA too.

• Like 1

The Bengals and Chiefs have shown how you cover for a bad offensive line. You need WRs who can separate really quick and create big plays. You need to be able to create big plays when your offensive inevitably commits a penalty or gives up a negative play.

That is the singlets biggest weakness with us being so run heavy. Chris Colinsworth of all people said it best. He said defenses just wait for run heavy teams to commit a holding penalty and that drive is officially dead.

This will sound crazy, but I think the NFL secretly doesn’t want run heavy teams and encourages refs to call holding penalties. Look how bad Cleveland and Tennessee are.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

The Bengals and Chiefs have shown how you cover for a bad offensive line. You need WRs who can separate really quick and create big plays. You need to be able to create big plays when your offensive inevitably commits a penalty or gives up a negative play.

That is the singlets biggest weakness with us being so run heavy. Chris Colinsworth of all people said it best. He said defenses just wait for run heavy teams to commit a holding penalty and that drive is officially dead.

This will sound crazy, but I think the NFL secretly doesn’t want run heavy teams and encourages refs to call holding penalties. Look how bad Cleveland and Tennessee are.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

It’s not even just penalties, it’s a 2 yard loss or no gain or whatever.  

Good offenses use the run to set up the pass and to keep defenses honest, not the opposite.

It’s really hard to drive the ball down the field over 8,10,12 plays time after time.  It’s why defenses are running so many 2 deep safety looks.  Make the offense nickel and dime you down the field and wait for them to goof.

JOK is done for the year. We need to just shut down Myles too.

You will never have a complete team. EVERY team has injuries and guys that underachieve. Pick any NFL team and I will tell you what their flaw is. Your team needs to be about your QB and getting the most out of him. Everybody hyped Pittsburgh up as a complete team. Yet they magically suck once their franchise QB leaves. New England is another example. They were seen as a complete team, yet struggle once Brady leaves. Look at New Orleans and Indianapolis- Once respected franchises that are afterthoughts.

This team needs to be built around Watson and maximizing his potential. This team cannot be built around Myles or Nick. You will not win many football games with that formula.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

You will never have a complete team. EVERY team has injuries and guys that underachieve. Pick any NFL team and I will tell you what their flaw is. Your team needs to be about your QB and getting the most out of him. Everybody hyped Pittsburgh up as a complete team. Yet they magically suck once their franchise QB leaves. New England is another example. They were seen as a complete team, yet struggle once Brady leaves. Look at New Orleans and Indianapolis- Once respected franchises that are afterthoughts.

This team needs to be built around Watson and maximizing his potential. This team cannot be built around Myles or Nick. You will not win many football games with that formula.

0 playoffs wins sense he signed his big contracts.

You do not build around that you have him arrested for impersonating a football player.the grinch waiting GIF

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Kevin knows he has to pass to win. It's why they went with Watson. 

With our 2nd round pick I'd love a fast or at least good wr. 

Having three good wrs is a real ae changer. 

You can win either way. You can do it the Eagles way or the Chiefs way. Our OL and RBs make us built to run. It's why we have a top 10 rushing attack in pretty much every category. We have a bottom 10 passing attack in pretty much every category. 

I'm just not sure with what we have that the answer is do more of what we aren't that good at. 

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You can win either way. You can do it the Eagles way or the Chiefs way. Our OL and RBs make us built to run. It's why we have a top 10 rushing attack in pretty much every category. We have a bottom 10 passing attack in pretty much every category. 

I'm just not sure with what we have that the answer is do more of what we aren't that good at. 

Out offense has the same roots as McDaniels and Shanahan.

I think we need someone who can stress offense deep.

On 12/13/2022 at 4:44 PM, candyman93 said:

You mean Myles hasn’t been shut down this whole time?

• Like 2