Browns General Discussion

candyman93

15 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What if Wills is just not comfortable on the left side 

Then I’d say he’s behind Conklin substantially and after his 5th year option he’s gone and should be. Thanks for being average, time to find someone with comparable mediocrity or better for a fraction of the price.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying you’re off here, but that wouldn’t have anything to do with his lazy arse approach to blocking in general.

He’s a spectator with the best spot in the place waaaaaayyyyyy too often.

This is true, I'm just trying figure out what his issue is because it isn't physical at all for sure. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why? We have our qb and just drafted the backup. Why give up assets for another unproven?

Rumors that he doesn't make their final 53. I don't think anyone would give anything up for him. I did like his potential. I liked the idea of Malik Willis. However, he's already worn out his welcome with a team that drafted him AND has a need for a future franchise QB? That smells funny to me. He's probably a secret headcase/moron.

11 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Rumors that he doesn't make their final 53. I don't think anyone would give anything up for him. I did like his potential. I liked the idea of Malik Willis. However, he's already worn out his welcome with a team that drafted him AND has a need for a future franchise QB? That smells funny to me. He's probably a secret headcase/moron.

Idk man.  I said it last year, this is a guy who sat behind Stidham and lost a battle to Bo Nix before transferring to a school best known for their religious perspective/founder as opposed to football program and then was pretty meh against a bunch of nobodies.  

Like, I think the kid just might not be good at football.  Great athlete, bad quarterback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is true, I'm just trying figure out what his issue is because it isn't physical at all for sure. 

Heard an interesting take from Quincy Carrier.  He's of the opinion, that Wills might not love playing football and he just does it because he was told he was good at it, he might be doing his job for 5 seconds after the snap and then he checks out.  Either that, or he's the kind of guy that gets his motivation from winning, and being on a team with trivial aspirations has him getting ho-hum about being in Cleveland.

The late call on his option could have been because they needed to let him know what they are expecting of him going forward.

Edited by MalcolmBrown
Specification

52 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Bengals week 1

Am I the only one who finds it weird how social media is trying to make the Schedule release as big of a deal as Free Agency starting? There are beat writers all over trying to predict/crack the schedule like its some hot lead on a prominent free agent visiting a team.

All I hope is 0 prime time games and if there is one or two--then they better be at Home on Sunday Night.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Am I the only one who finds it weird how social media is trying to make the Schedule release as big of a deal as Free Agency starting? There are beat writers all over trying to predict/crack the schedule like its some hot lead on a prominent free agent visiting a team.

All I hope is 0 prime time games and if there is one or two--then they better be at Home on Sunday Night.

You can kinda thank the Chargers for that because of how they do their vids

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, a week 5 bye kind of sucks. Feels like we have a lot of home games to open the season. Glad we don't have too many primetime games - getting too old to stay up past 11 on a work night.

Each team should have 2 byes and they should be like week 5-6 and week 12-13.  I think that helps the players the league pretends to care about and makes a more even playing field.

And yeah, prime time games suck *** unless you’re like 20 or work second shift or some ish. The game doesn’t end until close to midnight sometimes and if it’s a close game or whatever I’m a bit jazzed up and not ready for bed right after.  The next morning sucks.

• Like 2