Browns General Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Who would have known all it would take for these guys like JOK and Delpit to reach their all pro potential would be for Joe Woods to exit the building?  All of us...that's who.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Who would have known all it would take for these guys like JOK and Delpit to reach their all pro potential would be for Joe Woods to exit the building?  All of us...that's who.

What’s even wilder is the secret sauce was exactly what every moron here said too.

”uh.. why not just run man coverage?”

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What’s even wilder is the secret sauce was exactly what every moron here said too.

So, and try to keep up…

Fire Joe Woods?  Who’d a thought. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, I'm far from a football expert and it seemed like a good idea to me.

I'm wrong a lot so that in itself isn't proof of anything but this season certainly has been the proof.

Is there anyone minus Garrett that hasn't improved on defense this year?

I'm not saying Myles hasn't improved but he was already a superstar so it isn't obvious like with some other players like JOK, Delphit and even Ward. Who knew Ward could be a good man cover corner?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

He’s washed up 

So was Joe Flacco according to the Jets, and everyone else that did not sign him :) Just saying, not trying to get us to sign him! 

Definitely would not put in a waiver claim but if he clears I would at least bring him in to kick the tires. Kevin knows what he was like when he played for him so should have an idea how much he has fallen off and if still usable. 

Edited by pscottdai

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cook was a pro bowler a year ago. I’d write this season off as being in hackets crappy offense. 

The jets are trash

They made an elite alpha like Flacco look like an ALDIs employee

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, I'm far from a football expert and it seemed like a good idea to me.

I'm wrong a lot so that in itself isn't proof of anything but this season certainly has been the proof.

Is there anyone minus Garrett that hasn't improved on defense this year?

I'm not saying Myles hasn't improved but he was already a superstar so it isn't obvious like with some other players like JOK, Delphit and even Ward. Who knew Ward could be a good man cover corner?

You’re definitely right about this point. Guys who have substantially improved- Ward (he’s playing like Darrelle Revis, teams don’t even look his way), JOK, Emerson, Delpit, and even Takitaki.

I think Newsome is at the same level, but he’s better in the slot.

Out of everybody, JOK has made the greatest improvement. Just absolutely insane how’s been playing.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Cook was a pro bowler a year ago. I’d write this season off as being in hackets crappy offense. 

RB's age like bananas. They're great and then all of a sudden, within minutes, they're rotted. It happens fast.

I don't think Cook would be good for us. He's a slower version of Jerome Ford right now. I woudn't hate adding him to take on Pierre Strong's role, but again, I really don't see the need in adding him. I think we're fine with what we have.

Aside from perhaps being washed, Cook also has a history of ball security issues.

He’s been in the league since ‘17 and has 21 fumbles.  For comparison Hunt came in at the same time and has 5.  Nick Chubb has 7.

46 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

RB's age like bananas. They're great and then all of a sudden, within minutes, they're rotted. It happens fast.

I don't think Cook would be good for us. He's a slower version of Jerome Ford right now. I woudn't hate adding him to take on Pierre Strong's role, but again, I really don't see the need in adding him. I think we're fine with what we have.

Yep.  We’ve seen it with Hunt.  ‘21 he looked great, last season came in a bit heavy and looked absolutely washed. This year was in shape but the burst and explosiveness is just gone.

If people want a spark who can hit with some big plays but may have issue with fumbles, we already have a Dalvin Cook at home named Pierre Strong.

The third strike for me is your 3rd RB is typically gonna have to play special teams.  Is Cook gonna be covering kicks and such?  

I know this forum loves the idea of signing every vet, but I don’t really see the fit tbh.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You’re definitely right about this point. Guys who have substantially improved- Ward (he’s playing like Darrelle Revis, teams don’t even look his way), JOK, Emerson, Delpit, and even Takitaki.

I think Newsome is at the same level, but he’s better in the slot.

Out of everybody, JOK has made the greatest improvement. Just absolutely insane how’s been playing.

Elliot looks like a competent player and Wright has come on lately too.

12 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well, not every moron. After all, we didn't get ojabo edge.

• Like 1