Browns General Discussion

candyman93

I’m surprised but not shocked.

Watson hasn’t fit well with what we do from day one it seems, so getting someone in here who does what he prefers makes sense.

Our running game was awful as this this season went on, Stump is the run game coordinator. I get we had injuries on the OL, but we still had like 3 pro bowlers/alternates on the interior.  I didn’t really see much development from any of the backs.  Also, same as AVP, a lot of our runs came from heavy personnel, single back, etc., which need to transition to primarily pistol/gun formations if we’re gonna maximize Watson’s abilities.

idk, I’m not usually for a lot of coaching change, but between the square peg/round hole thing we’ve seen a lot offensively at times paired with the complete inability to manufacture a run game later in the season and the fact by the end of they year we were essentially just yolo’ing on pass downs I’m not shocked or upset tbh.  Maybe it’s time for some new voices/ideas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Watson hasn’t fit well with what we do from day one it seems, so getting someone in here who does what he prefers makes sense.

Our running game was awful as this this season went on, Stump is the run game coordinator. I get we had injuries on the OL, but we still had like 3 pro bowlers/alternates on the interior.  I didn’t really see much development from any of the backs.  Also, same as AVP, a lot of our runs came from heavy personnel, single back, etc., which need to transition to primarily pistol/gun formations if we’re gonna maximize Watson’s abilities.

idk, I’m not usually for a lot of coaching change, but between the square peg/round hole thing we’ve seen a lot offensively at times paired with the complete inability to manufacture a run game later in the season and the fact by the end of they year we were essentially just yolo’ing on pass downs I’m not shocked or upset tbh.  Maybe it’s time for some new voices/ideas.

I'd love for Watson to be good in the play action offense. 

It is dynamite. 

But he sucks at it. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

I'd love for Watson to be good in the play action offense. 

It is dynamite. 

But he sucks at it. 

Yeah, and we had a couple years to try to make things work and it didn’t. If we’re gonna hitch ourselves to that jackass we kind of have to do everything possible to help him succeed.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, and we had a couple years to try to make things work and it didn’t. If we’re gonna hitch ourselves to that jackass we kind of have to do everything possible to help him succeed.

Yeah totally..

It feels like a shotgun wedding and everyone is now realizing what went down. 

About the trade I don't get why the price was so high considering his character concerns. I guess people were willing to pay it.

33 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

About the trade I don't get why the price was so high considering his character concerns. I guess people were willing to pay it.

Trigger Jimmy and Berry (who knows the exact % of who had the most weight in the decision) went to the negotiating table in Texas in a desperate/weak position carry pea shooters, and the Texans brass as well as Watsons agents came armed with desert eagles. We've done a lot of things right under the Berry/Stefanski regime, but we got schooled in this business deal.

Edited by dawgdish

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Overhauling D and ST coaching staffs last season, retooling O this season. We want to be a team that keeps improving and advancing, and I'm all for it. Perhaps Chubb covered up some of Stump's weaknesses...I'd trust Stefanski to know that better than us. The keys to the the kingdom are him and Barry's, and they've shown pretty good reason to trust them so far. Let's hope these moves have the upgrade magnitude of Woods to Schwartz.

• Like 2

A lot of people eventually going to get steamrolled because of a sell your soul for the devil failed trade. I don’t really know what the offensive staff could have done this year with the cards they were dealt, but this is just the first wave. The second wave is next year when it’s obvious Watson is broken and Stefanski and Berry are fired. 

38 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

A lot of people eventually going to get steamrolled because of a sell your soul for the devil failed trade. I don’t really know what the offensive staff could have done this year with the cards they were dealt, but this is just the first wave. The second wave is next year when it’s obvious Watson is broken and Stefanski and Berry are fired. 

I think they may survive Watson failing if they keep managing to win. 

29 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think they may survive Watson failing if they keep managing to win. 

If he plays like we have seen so far, we won’t make the playoffs next season. Hope he does better obviously, because if he plays like the guy the FO thought we were getting then this should be a Super Bowl contender.