Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

Why in the world would we want Yannick after getting rid of JA and all the highschool drama he displayed.  Yannick is no different.  He plays a "premium" position, but it is not like he is a double digit sack guy every year.  8 sacks last year, 9.5 in 2018 and 12.5 in 2017.  He really is not a lot different than Clowney (all name, no game).  Lets see what we have on our current roster and use some of that draft capital we acquired on and EDGE before shelling out big $$$ on "potential" unrealized.  Yannick is a FA next year, lets see what he does this year (if he even plays).

• Like 2

Just now, Bianconero said:

I would like to see if the Steelers would want to move on from JuJu SS before a pay-day

Yes. I do think they part with him (via trade or FA) and he makes sense for us. Not sure what the price would be. But we now have assets to entertain it. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Yes. I do think they part with him (via trade or FA) and he makes sense for us. Not sure what the price would be. But we now have assets to entertain it. 

I'm pretty sure he and Samuel are good friends

Several names to think about now that we assets. I'm sure JD might be making some phone calls after physicals are complete and the deal is done.

Here are some names we could possibly trade for... (I'd be shocked if we did trade for any of these guys, but it's still fun to talk about).

JuJu Smith

Kenny Golladay

Yannik Ngakoue

Matt Judon

Keenan Allen

Chris Godwin

Bud Dupree

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Several names to think about now that we assets. I'm sure JD might be making some phone calls after physicals are complete and the deal is done.

Here are some names we could possibly trade for... (I'd be shocked if we did trade for any of these guys, but it's still fun to talk about).

JuJu Smith

Kenny Golladay

Yannik Ngakoue

Matt Judon

Keenan Allen

Chris Godwin

Bud Dupree

😲

Just now, JetsandI said:

😲

As I stated I don't think any of this happens. These are just some names that are FAs after this next season that their current teams might not keep around. So they might try and get something for them rather than tag them or resign them to a big deal. Godwin I put on it bc TB has already tied up a ton of money on Evans. So not sure they will spend big on Godwin too. If I had to bet... I think they do keep him. But I thought that I'd include him as I did JuJu, Golladay and Allen.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As I stated I don't think any of this happens. These are just some names that are FAs after this next season that their current teams might not keep around. So they might try and get something for them rather than tag them or resign them to a big deal. Godwin I put on it bc TB has already tied up a ton of money on Evans. So not sure they will spend big on Godwin too. If I had to bet... I think they do keep him. But I thought that I'd include him as I did JuJu, Golladay and Allen.

Bruce Arians is very aggressive dude so it is quite impossible to think TB will quit some time during the season. We never know.   JuJu is probably our best shot because I don't think JD would spend high pick(s) to rent WR.

13 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Thoughts on Seattle's 1st for JuJu?

Is that enough to get it done? I do that in a heart beat with the uncertainty of the CFB season.

Then if Perriman doesn't work out and we are uncertain on Mims we can still use a 1st on someone like Chase.

There’s a short list of players I think I’d trade a first for that could be available. Juju ain’t one of them.

1 minute ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Him? The system? Or guys we already have on the roster?

Steelers have already shown they’re letting him walk so if we did trade for him it’d cost less than a 1st. 

A 3rd maybe, a 4th yes, a 5th ideally. Just utilizing the assets as best as we can. 

50 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Thoughts on Seattle's 1st for JuJu?

Is that enough to get it done? I do that in a heart beat with the uncertainty of the CFB season.

Then if Perriman doesn't work out and we are uncertain on Mims we can still use a 1st on someone like Chase.

JuJu did not have a good season last year with Big Ben out.  Now I certainly think Sam is better than the QB's Pitt put out there last year, it is still a concern.  It was also the first year without AB on the other side occupying the D's attention.  If JuJu has a good 2020, then I would consider using assets (financial or draft) to acquire him.  Personally, I would like to save the draft capital and see with JD can do with his second draft.  The 2021 draft is supposed to have some good WR's.