1980s Drama - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

Official Nominations
Field of Dreams
Hoosiers
Witness
Lean On Me
Amadeus

Honorable Mentions
The Untouchables
Big
ET
Glory
Stand By Me
An Officer and a Gentleman
The Right Stuff
The Natural
Raging Bull
Raising Arizona
Full Metal Jacket
Dead Poets Society

When Harry Met Sally
The Karate Kid
The Breakfast Club
First Blood
Silverado
Risky Business
Good Morning Vietnam
Victory
La Bamba
Rain Man
The Abyss
Gung Ho
Footloose
Roxanne
Gandhi
Mississippi Burning
Eight Men Out
The Color of Money
The Wizard
Cocktail
The Outsiders
Parenthood
Starman
Young Guns
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Peggy Sue Got Married
The Little Mermaid
The Last Dragon
Blue Velvet
*Batteries Not Included
A Man For All Seasons
The Legend of Billie Jean

1989 was a strong year.  Not quite 2007/1999 level, but very strong.

5 hours ago, animaltested said:

Amadeus being completely overlooked :

I have never seen that but apparently one cannot even get it on Netflix anyway, is it really that good?   Looks kind of lame via the trailer. 

Just now, Ozzy said:

I have never seen that but apparently one cannot even get it on Netflix anyway, is it really that good?   Looks kind of lame via the trailer. 

If you like period dramas, it's worth a look.  Back when I tried getting through 1,001 movies you have to see before you died, I tried getting the longest ones out of the way first, which was a big mistake but I digress. 

Tom Hulce had an incredible one hit wonder performance as Amadeus.  It was genuinely a masterstroke in acting.  Possibly top 100 all-time performance. 

F. Murray Abraham was good in it, too. 

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you like period dramas, it's worth a look.  Back when I tried getting through 1,001 movies you have to see before you died, I tried getting the longest ones out of the way first, which was a big mistake but I digress. 

Tom Hulce had an incredible one hit wonder performance as Amadeus.  It was genuinely a masterstroke in acting.  Possibly top 100 all-time performance. 

Cool, thanks for the information.  Now the issue of it Netflix does not carry it how am I supposed to view it?  Odd it is not available there but clearly is not requested much either.   Guess I could watch it on youtube but that is pretty lame and poor quality.  

In terms of music biographies I assume it is way down there in terms of quality compared to Walk the Line, Ray and others...

Just now, Ozzy said:

Cool, thanks for the information.  Now the issue of it Netflix does not carry it how am I supposed to view it?  Odd it is not available there but clearly is not requested much either.   Guess I could watch it on youtube but that is pretty lame and poor quality.  

In terms of music biographies I assume it is way down there in terms of quality compared to Walk the Line, Ray and others...

It's not about the music in any way really.  Just put it on your list.  I've seen it on Netflix a couple times before, so it will probably get back on there eventually.  Not one you have to rush to see. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

They also killed it with the musical performances. The one from the movie is my all time second favorite recording of the arias in Don Giovanni.