No fans at Bills games during Covid

naptownskinsfan

Pretty big news for fans.  No fans at Bills games per the state of New York during Covid, and there needs to be a plan in place to prevent congregating outside the stadium, including tailgating.  At this point, it seems that the pandemic must be ruled over before fans can attend games.  

Not mentioned in this article- the Colorado Rockies in MLB have emailed their season ticket holders saying they will have limited in-person seating at games for season ticket holders.  Another team, the Oakland Athletics, has released a marketing campaign where people can buy the ability to have themselves at the stadium, either as a picture or cut-out.  

I also personally have some contacts at the Naval Academy, and their current plan is fluid, but only has about 25% stadium capacity allowed to attend the game, and the brigade of midshipmen won't march on and be at the stadium.  A maximum of 100 mids might be in the stands at one time.  

As a Redskins season ticket holder, I do have my tickets paid off 100%.  But I really couldn't see the stadium opening for fans unless we have 25%-$33% capacity

• Like 1

ugh. I get the reasoning of course but crazy times. And really I have to wonder if simply mandating masks wouldn't be enough? I get being safe but people still need to be able to "have a life" (including entertainment and just plain ol getting out of the house).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If there's an NFL season and the NFL doesn't come up with a fair and affordable streaming option in light of COVD-19, I'm going to continue streaming them illegally like I have for a long time. 

What's the first rule of fight club?

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

So if the NFL doesn't allow fans this season, what are the odds season ticket holders get free subs to NFL Sunday Ticket?

Not good, I'd assume?

Everybody should be able to legally stream every game this year if fans can’t go to games.  As revenue will be massive.

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If there's an NFL season and the NFL doesn't come up with a fair and affordable streaming option in light of COVD-19, I'm going to continue streaming them illegally like I have for a long time. 

There is the NFL gamepass option, which many europeans use to follow football. It is a viable option and quite reliable, except during the season and the Super Bowl

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

wtf

GettyImages-1219129094.jpg?crop=0px,0px,1920px,1080px

Yeah, they're doing it in Europe and Australia. Absolute joke.

Although, Leeds United football club (England) did get in trouble for having a cardboard cut out of this guy.....

49e174505ef782a543ebfa1af827dc34.png&quality=70&width=808

So maybe worth it for the lolz. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Everybody should be able to legally stream every game this year if fans can’t go to games.  As revenue will be massive.

If they put a streaming package together for the season that was priced fairly I’d happily pay for it this season as opposed to looking for *alternative options* if having empty stadiums is what it’s going to take for games to be played.

Sunday Ticket prices are not what I consider reasonable though.