WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I quit and havent followed a thing except hearing the namechange today since week 2. The scandals, the "my good buddy" hiring system.  Theyve cared absolute nothing for anything but their own greed. Sean Taylors family had to stand for pictures in front of port-a-pots for a street naming because thats what his street does. Hold toilets. Im not fool enough anymore to put care into something thats only real goal is to screw you out of a few bucks while they kick back with those "good buddies".

Actually glad to see the stockpile thats added up has reached the "last straw" for others, as the Sean thing was what broke the camels back for me.

I have missed you around here Parrot. Always very much enjoyed reading your posts and you genuinely seem like a good dude. I’m not as far as you’ve made it but I’m closing in on it. I really, really dislike this name and the mockery Jason Wright made of the Sean Taylor memorial ceremony was just heartbreaking as a fan. I feel like we’re all good friends who’ve lost each other meeting back up again because one of our buddies died lol. Snyder’s ruined something we all loved. It’s sad. 

• Like 4

Well, I gave myself to midnight Western time to vent on all of this, so let me squeeze some more in. :)

I don't like to mock or attack fellow Redskins fans, but to those out at FedEx field shucking and jiving for Dan Snyder and Jason Wright and acting like all of this is the dopest thing ever, with your cringy slogan etc. 

you are an embarrassment to use all. Have you no pride, no self-worth? They flat out lied to you again today by Jason saying this was the fans name. No one was clamoring for this name. No one.

You should be forced to have Tonya Snyders stupid yellow W logo branded on your freaking foreheads.

• Like 1

snyder has literally torn this team to pieces. Now our name is dead, and to kill it off he kills the fight song and basically the jerseys. Theres nothing left, we are just a soul less expansion team. I bought a stiched fake redskins sean taylor jersey off ebay for $80. I loved him as a player, i loved the burgundy and gold. What we have now is trash, Its worst then the WFT. You could've done red hogs or something to keep the R on the helmet. Now we are just a pandering PC team for the military who sucks. When i hear that name and see the colors, it isn't the same anymore. 

• Like 1

Guys...only gonna say this once. 

Personal attacks? Not okay.

Focus on the post, not the poster.

I have many differing opinions on a great many things in life with some of the posters here (politics, culture, etc...) and I know that, with me being squarely in the middle of Gen-X, I'm quite a bit older than some of the younger gents on here. So I also understand there's a generational gap in terms of mores and values.

However...for example (and this is ONLY as an example) I can completely disagree with my friend @turtle28on an issue that has nothing to do with the team, whilst still engaging him about the team. We can both argue the merits or lack thereof of our arguments about the team. But it's not okay for me to call him names or cast aspersions on his character (*). That, I'm afraid, is out of bounds (to bring this post back to football).

So let's get back to talking about the name change and focusing our ire on the team, and not each other, okay?

(*) not that I would do that. I understand not everyone thinks like me and the world would be a very boring place if everyone thought the same. So I can respect a person even if I completely disagree with what they are saying.

Refer to the rules if you have any doubts as to what is acceptable

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

And yet, we can't get Redwolves because of "trademark issues"??

They just didn’t want to do RedWolves and had their trademark lawyers come up with lame excuses as to why they couldn’t be names that. On the Junkies this morning they said that Jason Wright said they tried to do I but every logo design they came up with it was struck down by the trademark lawyers they had hired to help them through the process. 

In reality, I think it was as Cakes on the Junkies said, they wanted to get away from the word Red in their name. They wanted a clean break. So literally the #1 seed from the fans they didn’t listen to/wouldn’t do. Fans wanted to keep the #HTTR hashtag on Twitter more than anything and Snyder/Wright/Tanya did everything they could to not fulfill that wish of the fans. I have a hard time imagining that fans/focus groups picked this stupid name. 

I can’t imagine that DCSportsFX’s RedWolves design that I fell in love with a year and a half ago and made me want RedWolves looked like any logo or color scheme out there, in fact I know it didn’t!

This should’ve been the new uni & hemet IMO:

They had 17 months, you telling me in that time they couldn’t have worked out any trademarks issues? I’m sorry, they’re lying, they just didn’t want to do it. They wanted something of their own that no one else had & if there was focus groups I think they planted names for them to chose from which pushed them in the direction of Commanders.

Its disappointing, but it is what it is. I’ll get used to it & hopefully they improve the jerseys a bit before the season. I really don’t like much about them. I don’t like the lines above & below the name Commanders or the players name on the back, Commanders needs to be smaller and a different font. I actually wish they just left the Washington written across the front like the WFT jerseys.

The #s look like arena football league or XFL #s. They should be a different font like the more squared off look of our old jerseys.

ahh sigh!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Guys...only gonna say this once. 

Personal attacks? Not okay.

Focus on the post, not the poster.

I have many differing opinions on a great many things in life with some of the posters here (politics, culture, etc...) and I know that, with me being squarely in the middle of Gen-X, I'm quite a bit older than some of the younger gents on here. So I also understand there's a generational gap in terms of mores and values.

However...for example (and this is ONLY as an example) I can completely disagree with my friend @turtle28on an issue that has nothing to do with the team, whilst still engaging him about the team. We can both argue the merits or lack thereof of our arguments about the team. But it's not okay for me to call him names or cast aspersions on his character (*). That, I'm afraid, is out of bounds (to bring this post back to football).

So let's get back to talking about the name change and focusing our ire on the team, and not each other, okay?

(*) not that I would do that. I understand not everyone thinks like me and the world would be a very boring place if everyone thought the same. So I can respect a person even if I completely disagree with what they are saying.

Refer to the rules if you have any doubts as to what 

I mean we’ve only been doing it for 15 years and we’re still cool w/ one another! It’s not that hard to follow the rules! 😂 It’s rather very easy.

• Like 1

This is a poll on ES.

1. Love it or hate it?

I've never seen a poll on that site, with that wide a majority for either side. And I've been browsing that site for a very, VERY long time.

Of course, I didn't need a poll to tell me that this is the worst, collosal mess in Washington history. Absolute disaster.

I'm sure the fan turnout at home will represent that & that was already really bad. (2nd worst attendance just ahead of the Lions)

How anybody can support this, is mind boggling, imo.

It's truly a travesty...

Teams have nicknames for short. You got the Bucs
The Phins
The Pats
The Boys
The Pack
Etc.

We're the Commies

I mean, really?

And this is straight from the mouth of Al Michaels.

Our only hope now, is Dan moves the team to Siberia.

And some new owner creates a new team in the D.C. metro or surrounding area.

How can any player on this team, want to continue their career here?

You thought it was hard re-signing our players now?

Good God...Tress Way is probably thinking about where he wants to go next.

Who could blame him.

This is embarrassing
  • Like 2