WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I can’t agree bro. The W looks like something my 4-year old draws on a napkin. 

I think it can be both. The W logo is the best part of the new uniforms but that’s the biggest problem. The uniforms are so awful that a W, that looks like your 4-year old drew it on a napkin, is the best part!

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Edited by turtle28

Ive got to say, its been a few days, and as a rival I really like the new name. At first I thought it was bland as hell. But its done 2 things:

1. I can call you commies. Which on a personal level feels much better than 'Skins. Its not racists, it has actual relevance in my life time and I dont feel like poop after saying it.

2. It allows you to adopt the heel role. You guys ever watch the all-girl wrestling show on netflix? Glamour? Glory? I  forget what its called. But that is a tv show version of what you guys are doing. And I loved that show, it was cool as hell.

So here is what I say - embrace the hate. Use it. Be the heel. 

32 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive got to say, its been a few days, and as a rival I really like the new name. At first I thought it was bland as hell. But its done 2 things:

1. I can call you commies. Which on a personal level feels much better than 'Skins. Its not racists, it has actual relevance in my life time and I dont feel like poop after saying it.

2. It allows you to adopt the heel role. You guys ever watch the all-girl wrestling show on netflix? Glamour? Glory? I  forget what its called. But that is a tv show version of what you guys are doing. And I loved that show, it was cool as hell.

So here is what I say - embrace the hate. Use it. Be the heel. 

So, in short, what you’re telling us is the name sucks. Just like we think lol. Thanks Matt. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

So, in short, what you’re telling us is the name sucks. Just like we think lol. Thanks Matt. 

No, I am saying the name is great. There is no Rocky 4 without Ivan Drago. There is no Captain America without the Redskull. You have to see it as an opportunity. You as a fanbase get to live out being Darth Vader, Harvey Dent. Thats worth something.

I, for one, am embracing it much quicker than I thought I would. I like it now. It went from "super boring" to fun in a matter of days. For me personally, anyways. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No, I am saying the name is great. There is no Rocky 4 without Ivan Drago. There is no Captain America without the Redskull. You have to see it as an opportunity. You as a fanbase get to live out being Darth Vader, Harvey Dent. Thats worth something.

I, for one, am embracing it much quicker than I thought I would. I like it now. It went from "super boring" to fun in a matter of days. For me personally, anyways. 

The name sucks.  The uniforms suck. The logo sucks. The owner sucks. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just got an email from my season ticket rep about the usual relocation, and she signed the email “Hail to the Commanders”

team america vomit GIF
they’re going to ruin everything we loved about the old team. 

I literally laughed out loud for longer than I should have due to that GIF, especially in conjunction with the post

👏🏼👏🏼

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, taylor made said:

So almost a week in and the name still sucks. I've been reflecting on the name change and I think Ron Rivera needs to get some blame as well. He was absolutely pushing for the military theme the entire way and he got his wish. 

Two guys with no history with the franchise, as well as a QB without two full seasons of starts for us we’re the ones working with Danya to do this rebrand. That’s why it sucks so bad. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Reeed- skulls. Redskulls. Hmmm