WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

26 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ā 

Itā€™s pretty sad watching a bunch of fans on twitter giving Riggo crap about this. If you wanted the name change or you accept the results thatā€™s wonderful. Those of us who grew up Redskins fans or in Riggoā€™s case, bled for this franchise and is one of its all-time greatest players we donā€™t have to be okay with this.
Ā 

I will always love the Redskins. There will always be a place in my heart for the real burgundy and gold, for Hail to the Redskins, the Hogs, Chief Zee, all of the greats and just how amazing this team was before Snyder destroyed it. Commanders is an expansion team as far as Iā€™m concerned and Iā€™m still debating whether or not to continue the ride.Ā 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ā 

My God, he summarized my feelings so succinctly ! Couldn't agree more . Damn I love Riggins ! Give him a long a loud pull on that tractor horn like Chief Z used to do !

Edited by RSkinGM
spelling
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Itā€™s pretty sad watching a bunch of fans on twitter giving Riggo crap about this. If you wanted the name change or you accept the results thatā€™s wonderful. Those of us who grew up Redskins fans or in Riggoā€™s case, bled for this franchise and is one of its all-time greatest players we donā€™t have to be okay with this.
Ā 

I will always love the Redskins. There will always be a place in my heart for the real burgundy and gold, for Hail to the Redskins, the Hogs, Chief Zee, all of the greats and just how amazing this team was before Snyder destroyed it. Commanders is an expansion team as far as Iā€™m concerned and Iā€™m still debating whether or not to continue the ride.Ā 

I hear you on all of that. Ā Iā€™ll continue to wear my Redskins stuff to the stadium, at least for next season. Ā If they donā€™t let me, guess I will sell the tickets. Ā 

Iā€™m also in the ā€œdecidingā€ camp right now. Ā I am leaning towards not re-upping my season tickets at the very least. Ā 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

My God, he summarized my feelings so succinctly ! Couldn't agree more . Damn I love Riggins ! Give him a long a loud pull on that tractor horn like Chief Z used to do !

John Riggins is a free spirit and donā€™t give a $$$$ and not afraid to sayĀ whatā€™s on his mind.Ā 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Ā 

If this kind of commentary is coming out of one of the most notable Redskins of all time, then it is just an indicator that we failed to vet this name properly.Ā  How do you not get Riggo's approval?

I don't want to take anything away from the blackhole of destruction thatĀ is Snyder, but I also want to throw Jason Wright into the mix.Ā  He has failed miserably at every significant ask of him and remember he is supposed to be the president and a presence of leadership that flows downhill.Ā  I am tired of the excuse making on his part.

Edited by offbyone

7 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Thought this was a pretty cool patch.Ā 

Yes! Much better than the Commander patch on our new unis. They really shiiildve looked back in history and used a Sammy Baugh pic like this on our patch or for t-shirts. I might actually take this and have a shop I know which makes shirts make me one.Ā 
Ā 

This box is cool too.

Ā 

I will always say theĀ Original Franchise Team name was the Boston Braves. I wish when George Preston Marshall moved the team to DC that he had kept the BravesĀ as the team name and not changed it to Redskins. If he had gone with Washington Braves, we wouldā€™ve never had this controversy. Marshall is to blame.