WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just don’t know how you guys do it.  I’ve got a personal connection to the old team, and I’m just done.  My ability to care anymore is gone.  I won’t root for another team, and I’ll pay casual attention to the NFL, but I’ve got other things I do now that give me more enjoyment than the NFL/Washington “Commanders”.  

Me & you are on the same page, nap.

I will probably take an interest in the draft, just out of habit & I love the draft.

But I honestly won't care who they draft, cause I already know I'm done.

I just can't root for the Commies...no way.

Everytime me & my buddy play Madden franchise? (Which I'll continue)

I'm relocating their sorry ***** to a better place, with a better name & much better jerseys.

But all is good. I've got a good job now & much better & bigger goals to achieve. I'll focus on real life & achieve those goals.

I'm sure I'll probably giggle a little bit, when Washington trades Payne, Chase Young & multiple 1st rounders for Garapolo or some other QB that will fail.

I'll be able to look in the mirror & tell myself .."Thank God I dont have to stress over that BS anymore"…Dumb stupid Commies..! Lol"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well we’re basically in the same boat. Other than I’m always going to root for the team as I care about the players & want to see the players win and do well, but I haven’t poured a lot of money into this team since the year Sean Taylor died basically. I rarely go to games, like once every few years when I used to go to 5-6 games a year in my mid 20s when we had Cooley, Moss & Portins. 

As I’ve said before I don’t have a personal connection to the old Redskins, my parents weren’t Redskins fans before me, but I did have some uncles in Rockville that were I guess but still, I turned my parents into Redskins fans when I was in kindergarten.

I totally understand how hard all this must be for someone like you who has family ties of father etc, etc being huge skins fans dating back decades and you growing up going to games etc. That’s never been my level of fandom or my parents.

My great uncle caught touchdowns from Sammy Baugh.  It is very difficult to walk away, but this team under Snyder and the NFL's leadership under Goodell has made this a much easier decision than I thought two years ago.  

Add to that.....we all grow and become different people.  I am a different person than I was two years ago, and there are things more important to me right now than the NFL/Commanders.  Personal health, golfing and familyhave all taken a front seat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My great uncle caught touchdowns from Sammy Baugh.  It is very difficult to walk away, but this team under Snyder and the NFL's leadership under Goodell has made this a much easier decision than I thought two years ago.  

Add to that.....we all grow and become different people.  I am a different person than I was two years ago, and there are things more important to me right now than the NFL/Commanders.  Personal health, golfing and familyhave all taken a front seat.

I hear ya, but I do hope you stick around here as even a casual fan. You’ve been a great mod.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:25 PM, lavar703 said:

My god I can't get over how ugly the W is. Its awful.

The W is the best part of anything they put out. But I can't put the design and fashion mogul Tanya Snyder at the top of the list for the best uniform and logo designs. Frankly, the teams they did employ to design this load of garbage should close shop. 

Nothing is relative to each other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

The W is the best part of anything they put out. But I can't put the design and fashion mogul Tanya Snyder at the top of the list for the best uniform and logo designs. Frankly, the teams they did employ to design this load of garbage should close shop. 

I much would’ve rather had you designing the uniform man! There were so many fan designs and logo designs done in the last two years and they were all better than what Danya paid for. 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ghostnote said:

I can’t agree bro. The W looks like something my 4-year old draws on a napkin. 

• Like 2