WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

7 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Besides, for that to happen turtle.

They would need an elite QB

A #2 wr at minimum, to pair with Mcclaurin.

A stud Safety

A stud CB

Another LBer

And that's not gonna happen in 1 off season. I think they need more that actually, but I don't give a **** anymore what they do.

They'll give you all high hopes & **** it up like they always do.

They probably trade away the D-line to get said QB. Who'll get hurt, or suck.

Double ****ed

I don’t think they need an elite QB to have a good season, they just need a better QB with a stronger arm who can make all the throws - which isn’t Heinicke.

They need Samuel to stay healthy & Thomas, Roullier & Young to be ready to go.

I don’t know that we need a stud free safety. I want one don’t get me wrong but, say McCain returns and plays the way he did in Nov & Dec that helped our D be average the second half of the year except for when Covid hurt us vs Phila & Dallas in Dec. Plus Fuller & WJ3 played better the 2nd half of the year too.

I definitely agree we need to find a starting MLB & to get better depth. We need a starting MLB & 2 better back ups. I’m fine with Hudson backing up Davis at WLB but we need a good veteran starting MLB and a back up rookie MLB & SLB we draft or sign.

Not saying we’re going to have a good/great season but if we did with double digit games fans will definitely jump on board faster than if we suck I believe.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It will be a next generation thing & then bandwagon fans who just go to big events like I said.

What I’ve noticed is that most fans who are around 40 and over don’t like the name or the change but most fans who are under that age love the name or are at least fine with it and live the unis. For years I’ve seen black concept unis on Twitter done by graphic artists & a black helmet, now of course those graphic artists did a better jobs than what we paid someone to design which I think is ugly but still a lot of people have wanted a black uni option for years.

I keep going back to example of my girlfriends son, he’s 6. If he likes the new unis & the name then it’ll probably make me and get like it more bc he’ll drag us along that will probably happen for a lot of parents.

Well, I guess all they have to do now is wait until those 6-year Olds can afford to buy tickets and get themselves to the stadium.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 8:30 AM, turtle28 said:

It will be a next generation thing & then bandwagon fans who just go to big events like I said.

What I’ve noticed is that most fans who are around 40 and over don’t like the name or the change but most fans who are under that age love the name or are at least fine with it and live the unis. For years I’ve seen black concept unis on Twitter done by graphic artists & a black helmet, now of course those graphic artists did a better jobs than what we paid someone to design which I think is ugly but still a lot of people have wanted a black uni option for years.

I keep going back to example of my girlfriends son, he’s 6. If he likes the new unis & the name then it’ll probably make me and get like it more bc he’ll drag us along that will probably happen for a lot of parents.

I guess it would be a Dan Snyder thing to have his wife design the uniforms and then cut her a check out of the business. 

On 2/5/2022 at 8:30 AM, turtle28 said:

Problem is, that group feels that we were lied to over this whole process.  On top of that, the primary people who were leading the rebranding were Ron Rivera, Jason Wright and Doug Williams.  Two have no connection to the team, and one only started 21 games for us.  Gus Frerotte and Mark Brunell started more games under center.  

That is why this feels like an expansion team…….and they KNEW that people were going to feel that way, so much so that the uniforms have a patch on it that says “since 1932.”  

The more I think about it, the more this is probably my last year with season tickets, and as a fan.  This isn’t my team anymore.  

14 hours ago, mar29020 said:

I hate the black, we are Burgundy and Gold.

I agree, I agree, I hope the black is just an alternate we wear once or so a year. I don’t understand what they did with the white unis, I wish they had just kept the white jerseys similar to the burgundy & gold jerseys but made them white. They over thought it with the white jerseys IMO. Oh well. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Problem is, that group feels that we were lied to over this whole process.  On top of that, the primary people who were leading the rebranding were Ron Rivera, Jason Wright and Doug Williams.  Two have no connection to the team, and one only started 21 games for us.  Gus Frerotte and Mark Brunell started more games under center.  

That is why this feels like an expansion team…….and they KNEW that people were going to feel that way, so much so that the uniforms have a patch on it that says “since 1932.”  

The more I think about it, the more this is probably my last year with season tickets, and as a fan.  This isn’t my team anymore.  

I agree. I think that Tanya Snyder had a big role in the rebranding, or at least the uniforms. 

I’m really sorry you feel you feel the way you do, it’s understandable, I don’t like the new unis or the name, but what am I going to do?

I’ve tried to quit the team a few times over the last 15 years and just be a Steelers fan since their my #2/AFC team that I like but don’t love - I even declared I was leaving the Skins to only root for the Steelers once in this forum back in 2008 after we re-signed the over the hill Renaldo Wynn to be inactive all year as Phillip Daniels’s back up instead of drafting or signing a young DE to develop behind Daniels but, I just couldn’t do it.

They Commanders? Eww! Have me by the balls, they’re my team.

I have been preparing myself for the name to change for almost 15 years when Thai first explained to me why there was a controversy over the name in this forum and about the Native American Groups suing for it to change.

I also resigned myself to the front office almost assuredly botching the role out, the new name and the uniforms. I’m ready to move on and just root for this team and hopefully they find a good young QB to root for and they win more than 7 games this year. 🙏 

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I agree. I think that Tanya Snyder had a big role in the rebranding, or at least the uniforms. 

I’m really sorry you feel you feel the way you do, it’s understandable, I don’t like the new unis or the name, but what am I going to do?

I’ve tried to quit the team a few times over the last 15 years and just be a Steelers fan since their my #2/AFC team that I like but don’t love - I even declared I was leaving the Skins to only root for them once in this forum back in 2008 after we re-signed the over the hill Renaldo Wynn to be inactive all year as Daniels back up instead of drafting or signing a young DE to develop behind Daniels but, I just couldn’t do it. They have me by the balls, they’re my team.

I have been preparing myself for the name to chance for almost 15 years when Thai first explained to me why there was a controversy over the name in this forum and about the Native American Groups suing for it to change.

I also resigned myself to the front office almost assuredly botching the role out, the new name and the uniforms. I’m ready to move on and just root for this team and hopefully they find a good young QB to root for and they win more than 7 games this year. 🙏 

I just don’t know how you guys do it.  I’ve got a personal connection to the old team, and I’m just done.  My ability to care anymore is gone.  I won’t root for another team, and I’ll pay casual attention to the NFL, but I’ve got other things I do now that give me more enjoyment than the NFL/Washington “Commanders”.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I just don’t know how you guys do it.  I’ve got a personal connection to the old team, and I’m just done.  My ability to care anymore is gone.  I won’t root for another team, and I’ll pay casual attention to the NFL, but I’ve got other things I do now that give me more enjoyment than the NFL/Washington “Commanders”.  

Well we’re basically in the same boat. Other than I’m always going to root for the team as I care about the players & want to see the players win and do well, but I haven’t poured a lot of money into this team since the year Sean Taylor died basically. I rarely go to games, like once every few years when I used to go to 5-6 games a year in my mid 20s when we had Cooley, Moss & Portins. 

As I’ve said before I don’t have a personal connection to the old Redskins, my parents weren’t Redskins fans before me, but I did have some uncles in Rockville that were I guess but still, I turned my parents into Redskins fans when I was in kindergarten.

I totally understand how hard all this must be for someone like you who has family ties of father etc, etc being huge skins fans dating back decades and you growing up going to games etc. That’s never been my level of fandom or my parents.