WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

FKoBZA1WUAE6qKe?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

I don’t understand what they were trying to do with the white. Also, as I’ve said again again they need to remove the lines above and below the word commanders and the name on the back. The W is really boring, they should’ve done a cursive burgundy W.

17 hours ago, MacDog said:

I don't understand because the old team was 2 syllables, and commanders is 3. It doesn't roll off the tongue the same way at all.

I had the idea to write you guys a new theme song, sung to the tune of “Bear Down, Chicago Bears” (because I’m a Bears fan with no musical talent). This is all love, I wish you guys would have stuck with Football Team, that name was actually unique and kinda cool. 

Bend the knee, to the Commanders, help the team reach profitability!

Bend the knee, to the Commanders, move the chains, get to work, go faster, faster!

We’ll never forget the way you killed the Nation, we’re a not exciting football team mutation!

Bend the knee, to the Commanders, we asked you what you think, but we don’t care!

We’re a laughingstock, our fans can suck our ____s!

We’re the Commanders, bow down!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

They just didn’t want to do RedWolves and had their trademark lawyers come up with lame excuses as to why they couldn’t be names that. On the Junkies this morning they said that Jason Wright said they tried to do I but every logo design they came up with it was struck down by the trademark lawyers they had hired to help them through the process. 

In reality, I think it was as Cakes on the Junkies said, they wanted to get away from the word Red in their name. They wanted a clean break. So literally the #1 seed from the fans they didn’t listen to/wouldn’t do. Fans wanted to keep the #HTTR hashtag on Twitter more than anything and Snyder/Wright/Tanya did everything they could to not fulfill that wish of the fans. I have a hard time imagining that fans/focus groups picked this stupid name. 

I can’t imagine that DCSportsFX’s RedWolves design that I fell in love with a year and a half ago and made me want RedWolves looked like any logo or color scheme out there, in fact I know it didn’t!

This should’ve been the new uni & hemet IMO:

They had 17 months, you telling me in that time they couldn’t have worked out any trademarks issues? I’m sorry, they’re lying, they just didn’t want to do it. They wanted something of their own that no one else had & if there was focus groups I think they planted names for them to chose from which pushed them in the direction of Commanders.

Its disappointing, but it is what it is. I’ll get used to it & hopefully they improve the jerseys a bit before the season. I really don’t like much about them. I don’t like the lines above & below the name Commanders or the players name on the back, Commanders needs to be smaller and a different font. I actually wish they just left the Washington written across the front like the WFT jerseys.

The #s look like arena football league or XFL #s. They should be a different font like the more squared off look of our old jerseys.

ahh sigh!

This post is entirely spot on, especially Dan, Tanya, Jason, and probably Ron wanting to get away from "Red", as if the color in itself is racist or something.

They purposefully cut all ties to tradition, even those that had nothing to do with the problem with the old name, and all the while lying about honoring the past and the team's traditions.

I am so done with the team. I will be an interested observer of the players etc. and that is it. And once guys like terry and Jonathen Allen are done, so am I, probably. Although there is a chance because I love the draft process that I become invested in the new players like a Malik Willis or Matt Corral etc once they are drafted, which will extend my much more casual interest out further.

But the days of buying or wearing any team gear, or defending the team beyond defending the players, are over for me.

37 minutes ago, MacDog said:

I still don't love it. In fact, it is just barely tolerable.

It is like: "Here, I fixed it for you in 2 minutes and for free, so that it now doesn't SUCK."

No, no, we’re talking about a generation that specifically believes that the more it costs, the better it is. I can’t count how many times I have offered family advice, only for them to pay someone and get the same advice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

No, no, we’re talking about a generation that specifically believes that the more it costs, the better it is. I can’t count how many times I have offered family advice, only for them to pay someone and get the same advice.

I totally agree.

They spent all that $$$ and Tanya's degree in fashion design to get that, and some guy with paint shop fixed it in 2 minutes for free. lol

• Like 1