WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

9 hours ago, mar29020 said:

the best part is that snyder and the rest of the clowns thought all of this was awesome and cutting edge. These are the out of touch people making football decisions. 

They have no idea how many Redskins fans were lost on 02/02/22.

But they're gonna find out come September.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

They have no idea how many Redskins fans were lost on 02/02/22.

But they're gonna find out come September.

Well they’re not going to lose the ones who usually go to games. There’s a group of people who show up all the time. They showed up at the stadium this week and loved the name regardless if it was the name they wanted or not bc they are whipped by this franchise. I’m sure next year we’ll still have 50,000-60,000 fans at the stadium and 30 to 50% of the fans will be opposing teams fans.

The only way that changes is if whoever we get at QB helps this team have a winning record the first month or two of the season. If we start off like 3-1 or 6-2, and our next  QB is playing well many fans will show up to the games.

21 hours ago, mar29020 said:

the best part is that snyder and the rest of the clowns thought all of this was awesome and cutting edge. These are the out of touch people making football decisions. 

The worst part of those who are whipped by this franchise who think they can do no wrong who went down to Fed Ex and supported the awfulness of the last two days. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well they’re not going to lose the ones who usually go to games. There’s a group of people who show up all the time. They showed up at the stadium this week and loved the name regardless if it was the name they wanted or not bc they are whipped by this franchise. I’m sure next year we’ll still have 50,000-60,000 fans at the stadium and 30 to 50% of the fans will be opposing teams fans.

The only way that changes is if whoever we get at QB helps this team have a winning record the first month or two of the season. If we start off like 3-1 or 6-2, and our next  QB is playing well many fans will show up to the games.

I am not a subscriber of the "If we win it fixes everything!" theory. Too much damage has been done and for a lot of fans the lying and fake name change process was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I think a good QB will keep the fans around as more casual observers, but as long as Dan is around, and Jason, they won't spend a dime.

You guys know me as the one who's always positive. To a fault I will agree with.

My threads range from predictions that are unlikely, to impossible.

But I was always hopeful. I never wanted to see a negative with the team, even if I knew where the holes were. (And trust me...I knew)

When the Redskins name was stripped, I was sad, but still hopeful.

Hopeful, that the replacement was a name that could bring me back, even if just a little.

A little nastalga would have been like a rebirth, for me. A change I could have accepted & been on board with.

The change to Commanders, has done a number on me. No history...Colors are whack...

To me, this is an expansion team. Not a continuation of the Redskins franchise.

I feel worse than when the Eagles won the SB & Darrell Green had to carry their Lombardi trophy to their team.

I have no identity with this Commies team.

I feel betrayed...

I'm pass the stage of sadness

I'm pass the stage of anger

I'm pass the stage of acceptance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MacDog said:

I am not a subscriber of the "If we win it fixes everything!" theory. Too much damage has been done and for a lot of fans the lying and fake name change process was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I think a good QB will keep the fans around as more casual observers, but as long as Dan is around, and Jason, they won't spend a dime.

I am. This is a big events town, it’s a bandwagon town. People will go to Commanders games if they win & they’ll fill the stadium again. The perfect example is the Nationals & Wizards. When the Nats & Wizards were going on their playoff runs last decade the fans showed up. When the Nats & Wizards weren’t as good the last few years the fans were 1/2 full if that.

DC is an big events town, fans will come if they win. It may not be diehard fans, but it may be bandwagon fans who just want to go to a big event bc they have disposable income to spend.

17 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

You guys know me as the one who's always positive. To a fault I will agree with.

My threads range from predictions that are unlikely, to impossible.

But I was always hopeful. I never wanted to see a negative with the team, even if I knew where the holes were. (And trust me...I knew)

When the Redskins name was stripped, I was sad, but still hopeful.

Hopeful, that the replacement was a name that could bring me back, even if just a little.

A little nastalga would have been like a rebirth, for me. A change I could have accepted & been on board with.

The change to Commanders, has done a number on me. No history...Colors are whack...

To me, this is an expansion team. Not a continuation of the Redskins franchise.

I feel worse than when the Eagles won the SB & Darrell Green had to carry their Lombardi trophy to their team.

I have no identity with this Commies team.

I feel betrayed...

I'm pass the stage of sadness

I'm pass the stage of anger

I'm pass the stage of acceptance

What if they win next year? If we start out 6-2 or 6-3 and finish the season 12-5 or 11-6, you’ll have the Super Bowl thread going IMO.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

What if they win next year? If we start out 6-2 or 6-3 and finish the season 12-5 or 11-6, you’ll have the Super Bowl thread going IMO.

Besides, for that to happen turtle.

They would need an elite QB

A #2 wr at minimum, to pair with Mcclaurin.

A stud Safety

A stud CB

Another LBer

And that's not gonna happen in 1 off season. I think they need more that actually, but I don't give a **** anymore what they do.

They'll give you all high hopes & **** it up like they always do.

They probably trade away the D-line to get said QB. Who'll get hurt, or suck.

Double ****ed

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I am. This is a big events town, it’s a bandwagon town. People will go to Commanders games if they win & they’ll fill the stadium again. The perfect example is the Nationals & Wizards. When the Nats & Wizards were going on their playoff runs last decade the fans showed up. When the Nats & Wizards weren’t as good the last few years the fans were 1/2 full if that.

DC is an big events town, fans will come if they win. It may not be diehard fans, but it may be bandwagon fans who just want to go to a big event bc they have disposable income to spend.

Maybe, but it won't be the die-hard generational fans. Most of them are gone now and will only watch on TV. 

Sure, the bandwagon jumpers will come when the team wins and make tik tok videos of them at the stadium doing stupid stuff that never would have happened when the crowd was all real Redskins fans, but there will be no true love or loyalty, no truck driver and fireman buying their kids jerseys and teaching them to love the team.

7 hours ago, MacDog said:

Maybe, but it won't be the die-hard generational fans. Most of them are gone now and will only watch on TV. 

Sure, the bandwagon jumpers will come when the team wins and make tik tok videos of them at the stadium doing stupid stuff that never would have happened when the crowd was all real Redskins fans, but there will be no true love or loyalty, no truck driver and fireman buying their kids jerseys and teaching them to love the team.

It will be a next generation thing & then bandwagon fans who just go to big events like I said.

What I’ve noticed is that most fans who are around 40 and over don’t like the name or the change but most fans who are under that age love the name or are at least fine with it and live the unis. For years I’ve seen black concept unis on Twitter done by graphic artists & a black helmet, now of course those graphic artists did a better jobs than what we paid someone to design which I think is ugly but still a lot of people have wanted a black uni option for years.

I keep going back to example of my girlfriends son, he’s 6. If he likes the new unis & the name then it’ll probably make me and get like it more bc he’ll drag us along that will probably happen for a lot of parents.