Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

16 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

There is no way they can let him back on this team. Not after (2) years in a row of him scfrewing them over. 

It really sucks because he was playing amazing when he was on the ice this year. 

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Where do you guys think Craig Berube ends up? I would've thought Toronto, but the longer it drags out the less likely I think it is. 

Toronto. I don't know that he's a fit for the devils, and I think San Jose is going to take a chance on someone like Sturm 

Maybe Winnipeg, but I'd still put money on Toronto unless Mclellan snakes it out from under him

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Toronto is nothing if not predictable

But at least he'll hold players accountable. Keefe was a push over. I'm not gonna pretend I know enough about hockey tactics in general or of specific coaches in particular to know if he's good. But he is definitely something the need, just like when the Flyers brought in Torts

9 minutes ago, mse326 said:

But at least he'll hold players accountable. Keefe was a push over. I'm not gonna pretend I know enough about hockey tactics in general or of specific coaches in particular to know if he's good. But he is definitely something the need, just like when the Flyers brought in Torts

Hard to know if he was a good coach, tbh. Some pretty substantial ups and downs with St Louis which is wild. His numbers since 20-21 haven't been pretty. His teams were consistently outchanced. Bottom third of the league, I think. But he had a really good year in there, and a really bad year. I think he's just trying to play low event hockey, and I'm not sure how much of the league lets you do that any more. 

He'll hold players accountable, but he also ostracized players. Kyrou freaking haaaaaated him. So it's tough to know how that goes. Sometimes its good, but it has a short shelf life quite often. 

I'd much rather have Keefe than Berube for the Devils, but could depend on who he brings in on the staff. Especially to run the PP.