Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I still don't even know if it really crossed the line in time. Frame by frame I swear it's seriously hitting the line as the clock is going from .1 to .0 

95% of that puck was across the line at 0.1 so it's very reasonable to assume the entire thing was clear at 0.0. 

So a few things:

- Oilers rebounded nicely against the Hawks, will see if we can have more of that. McDavid went supernova (also screw Adrian Dater for his 'analysis').

- Rangers are out, not super surprising but that D. Ooof. Also screw DeAngelo.

- Nashville freaking sucks. Top D and goaltending in the league, on paper good C depth and atleast 2 good wingers. Gonna be bounced in the playins. Pretenders.

- No one will convince me otherwise, but Florida has some of the worst contracts in the league. Holy hell. That team is going nowhere fast.

- Scary news about Muzzin, thankfully he's ok but glad he's out for the series. I think this sinks the Leafs too, they are really lacking competent D-man.

35 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

- Nashville freaking sucks. Top D and goaltending in the league, on paper good C depth and atleast 2 good wingers. Gonna be bounced in the playins. Pretenders.

It's painful watching a Hynes team. Like, they are clearly the better team...flat out dominate the Yotes at times, and just...oof. Hot damn. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

- No one will convince me otherwise, but Florida has some of the worst contracts in the league. Holy hell. That team is going nowhere fast.

The funny thing is, they also have a couple of the nicest. Barkov's deal is stupid it's so team friendly, and Huberdeau's is pretty damn good itself. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It's painful watching a Hynes team. Like, they are clearly the better team...flat out dominate the Yotes at times, and just...oof. Hot damn. 

I wanna know what Poile saw in Hynes. I don't know how you can watch the Devils of the last 5 years and think that he's the guy to take over midseason. He's so far out of his league at the NHL level, it's scary. 

I'm just laughing because he's messing with the Predators lines too. Pretty sure I saw Duchene as LW3 while Sissons was manning the 2nd line or something stupid like that. 

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That Zacha's third guy is one of those fans who views other posters as "not a real fan" if they don't have the visceral, emotional reaction to things that he thinks that they should have a reaction to as a fan. You can tell just from the posts. 

Wrong thread lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

Flyers have been awesome so far, guaranteed at least the 2 seed and don't have to play PIT or CAR assuming they advance.  They play TB for the top seed on Saturday. 

Y'all have looked more than awesome, my friend. You guys look like a team to be feared, while the rest of the East looks pretty meh. 

• Like 1