Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

19 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Anyone know any coach candidates out there? Seems like most of the vets don’t respect Colliton, and most of the young key players didn’t develop besides Dach

gerard gallant is probably the best coach who's out there without a job rn i would guess

As an Oiler fan, I really enjoy watching the Oilers play and win. After that, it's watching the Calgary Flames choke in the playoffs.

Good grief what a choke job. Up by 3 in the first period, concede 7 unanswered goals to lose by 4 and be eliminated. That's about does it for their core I reckon. This is what, the 3rd or 4th time this core has been invisible once it reaches the playoffs? Their GM has to make a move.

16 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

As an Oiler fan, I really enjoy watching the Oilers play and win. After that, it's watching the Calgary Flames choke in the playoffs.

Good grief what a choke job. Up by 3 in the first period, concede 7 unanswered goals to lose by 4 and be eliminated. That's about does it for their core I reckon. This is what, the 3rd or 4th time this core has been invisible once it reaches the playoffs? Their GM has to make a move.

Bring Johnny Hockey home

23 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Johnny G was just absolutely brutal in this series. His playoff performances are almost tragically bad at this point

12 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

I generally like the guy but Alain Vigneault's take on the Gallagher injury is a really poor take. Especially since he seems to be doubling down on it this morning. The guy broke his freaking jaw, don't harp on it like he's milking it.

Some people saying AV said that since Gallagher said pretty much the same exact thing about Stepan back when AV coached the Rangers.  I also think AV has been trying to put all the attention on him this series instead of how terribly the team has played but probably went a little too far here.

“I’ve seen some broken jaws,” Gallagher told media. “Usually can’t talk too much and he seemed to be talking fine.”

As far as the game, I think this is all that needs to be said.  Derek Grant may be completely irrelevant and a terrible 3C but god damnit I love it.  

https://[LINK ERROR]/jh3w76

Edited by flyers0909

isles going to give the flyers headaches if philly plays anywhere near to how they did R1 - suppose we are going to see if the round robin was the mirage or if the habs series was the mirage for philly and their chances of seriously contending.

here's hoping the round robin was the mirage ;); couldn't bear to watch a flyers cup especially after how the penguins left the scene bahahaha

10 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Gallant is an iffy hire if the rumors are true. I'm not sure Lavi is the right fit either. Tough situation.

I wonder if Babcock has been/can be forgiven. He might be the best fit in terms of veterans and how he plays.

I wonder if they'll look into Montgomery. I figured it may be too soon, but good coach