Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

It would also be nice if Edmonton had any defensemen who could play. That unit is horrible.

Yeah the unit was all over the place, and couldn't get a puck out to save it's life. The entire team was incredibly sloppy, turnovers, couldn't make a pass to save their lives.

Definitely a wake up call for the team. We played a veteran team who knows how to raise their intensity in the playoffs. The Oilers got smacked in the mouth. Hopefully they learn from it and move on. Interesting to see who Tippett starts next game. I get why he started Mike Smith this game, his ability to handle the puck is key in the playoffs, however Kosko has shown to be the better goalie down the stretch.

rough loss for the pens. habs used a similar neutral zone trap to that the islanders used last year and it worked - gotta find a way to beat the trap and get through the neutral zone with swifter entries or our creative guys aren't gonna have the space to free themselves

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

My Flames pulled out a convincing W. The amount of people saying the Chucky hit was dirty. 🙄

While I don't think his hit was dirty yesterday, in his case I think he's lost all benefit of doubt from how he plays. Anything even remotely dirty is going to chalked up to him playing like a rat.

4 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

Literal buzzer beater for the Avs to win 2-1.  Never seen such a close call in my life in hockey.

I still don't even know if it really crossed the line in time. Frame by frame I swear it's seriously hitting the line as the clock is going from .1 to .0