Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Well, this one was answered. Brutal ending with the too many men. Hope you or Minnesota get Laffy.

God I want to punch a baby. This roster is filled with bonafide scrubs and low IQ players. Starting with none other than Darnell Nurse. Seriously the most brain dead player this entire series. God I hope we trade his ***. No amount of tools will make up for the lack of hockey IQ.

• Like 1

Someone posted this on a Flames forum I read:

Of the teams I saw in the qualifying round, the Flames were the most talkative group by a decent margin. The chirps were constant. There was no clearance on the penalty kill, no hit, no blocked shot that went by without the bench exploding and yelling and carrying on. In terms of generating or mimicking that playoff intensity and energy as an isolated group in an empty arena, Calgary stands out to me as the club that has that phase of the game down pat off the hop.

I love hearing this stuff. We do have a much closer group than years past. Losing Neal and Smith and getting Lucic and Talbot was big. Also Geoff Ward has done a great job with chemistry and morale. 

1. new_york_rangers.svg  - Alexis Lafreniere | LW | Rimouski (QMJHL) - The no brainer pick if they stay at #1. He's the best prospect in the class and a major marketing tool for the money machine in NYC.
19/20 stats: 52 GP, 35 G, 77 A, 112 PTS

2. los_angeles_kings.svg  - Tim Stutzle | LW/C | Mannheim (DEL) - The gap between Stutzle and Byfield is marginal and the Kings are set on the dot, so they go with the dynamic winger with the ability to play center.
19/20 stats: 41 GP, 7 G, 27 A, 34 PTS

3. ottawa_senators.svg  (via SJS) - Quinton Byfield | C | Sudbury (OHL) - Simply put, the Sens take whichever of the big 3 is left. Byfield fits as the Sens don't have a centerman with his upside in their system.
19/20 stats: 45 GP, 32 G, 50 A, 82 PTS

4. detroit_red_wings.svg  - Marco Rossi | C | Ottawa (OHL) - Rossi is polarizing for a lot of people. Some see him outside the top 10 due to his age/perceived lack of room to develop, but he's a very Stevie Y pick, the man responsible for Brayden Point.
19/20 stats: 56 GP, 39 G, 81 AST, 120 PTS

5. ottawa_senators.svg  - Lucas Raymond | RW | Frolunda (SHL) - The Sens go upside with the Swede. Raymond's draft year wasn't great but the sky is literally the limit for this kid. If it all clicks, the Sens have an enviable foundation from the 2020 draft alone.
19/20 stats: 33 GP, 4 G, 6 A, 10 PTS (9 GP, 3 G, 11 A, 14 PTS for Frolunda J20)

6. anaheim_ducks.svg  - Jake Sanderson | LHD | USNTDP (USHL) - The Ducks lack what Sanderson brings on the left side in their system and is an ideal fit for what they do. Sucks because he's the guy I want the most at #7 for the Devils but I just don't see him getting there.
19/20 stats: 19 GP, 2 G, 12 A, 14 PTS

7. new_jersey_devils.svg  - Jamie Drysdale | RHD | Erie (OHL) - No brainer here. Drysdale's upside is tremendous and his ability to completely change the Devils offense from the blueline will become evident fast. He needs more seasoning but this could be a franchise changing pick.
19/20 stats: 49 GP, 9 G, 38 A, 47 PTS

8. buffalo_sabres.svg  - Alexander Holtz | RW | Djurgardens (SHL) - Could you imagine this man on Eichel's wing? If it hits, he puts up 50 goals in a Sabres sweater.
19/20 stats: 35 GP, 9 G, 7 A, 16 PTS (3 GP, 7 G, 2 A, 9 PTS for Djurgardens J20)

9. minnesota_wild.svg  - Anton Lundell | C | HIFK (SM Liiga) - Lundell is another polarizing prospect but he's exactly what the Wild lack and he's a total Wild pick. He could immediately step in as their 2nd line centerman in 2021.
19/20 stats: 44 GP, 10 G, 18 A, 28 PTS

10. winnipeg_jets.svg  - Cole Perfetti | LW/C | Saginaw (OHL) - The rich get richer, my friends. Perfetti's natural ability is evident and Winnipeg is not afraid of playmaking wingers (see; Scheifele, Mark). It was a disappointing season for the Jets from the get go but they replenish the ranks with a top 5 talent in the 2020 draft.
19/20 stats: 61 GP, 37 G, 74 A, 111 PTS

11. nashville_predators.svg  - Yaroslav Askarov | G | SKA-Neva (VHL) - We saw just what bad goaltending will do to you when this team dominated the Yotes only to get embarrased on the scoreboard. Askarov's ceiling is immense and, outside of Ingram, the Preds have nothing in the system. Poile shoots the moon in his last hoorah before **** potentially hits the fan.
19/20 stats: 18 GP, 2.45 GAA, .920 SV%

12. florida_panthers.svg  - Kaiden Guhle | LHD | Prince Albert (WHL) - This is where it gets fun, folks. Florida is going to go dman, I'm almost certain, and Guhle is the best of the rest. He's big, strong and not inept on the offensive side and gives the Panthers a potential top 4 dman that they sorely lack in the system.
19/20 stats: 64 GP, 11 G, 29 A, 40 PTS

13. carolina_hurricanes.svg  (via TML) - Seth Jarvis | RW | Portland (WHL) - Talk about the rich getting richer. Carolina is going to be cup favorites if they can figure out their netminder problem (hint; Mrazek isn't the answer - go get Lehner). They have their pick of the litter at RW and I think Jarvis, along with his upside, is an ideal fit for what they do. They play fast and dynamic, which is Seth's specialty. He's no pushover either, despite the size, as he scores plenty of garbage goals by working his *** off every shift.
19/20 stats: 58 GP, 42 G, 56 A, 98 PTS

14. edmonton_oilers.svg  - Jack Quinn | RW | Ottawa (OHL) - Somewhere, Connor McDavid is happy. Quinn next to McDavid is a threat to lead the league in goals. They sorely lack true 2 way scoring wingers and this is about as good as a scenario that could play out for Edmonton.
19/20 stats: 62 GP, 52 G, 37 A, 89 PTS

15. pittsburgh_penguins.svg  - Rodion Amirov | LW | Ufa (KHL) - Amirov immediately slots in as Pittsburgh's best prospect. He's flashy and strong. Immense upside and Pittsburgh lacks anything like that at winger in the system and, outside of Guentzel, on the big league club.
19/20 stats: 21 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 PTS (17 GP, 10 G, 12 A, 22 PTS in the VHL)

16. montreal_canadiens.svg  - Braden Schneider | RHD | Brandon (WHL) - Montreal's going dman and Schneider is the best on the board. He's a complete shutdown monster, something Montreal's system lacks.
19/20 stats: 60 GP, 7 G, 35 A, 42 PTS

17. chicago_blackhawks.svg  - Ryan O'Rourke | LHD | Sault Ste. Marie (OHL) - The first "off the board" pick of the first round. ROR is exactly what Chicago is missing in their system and on the ice. I think he's going to be higher on scouts boards than he is on draftniks. He's damn good.
19/20 stats: 54 GP, 7 G, 30 A, 37 PTS

18. new_jersey_devils.svg  (via ARI) - Dawson Mercer | RW/C | Chicoutimi (QMJHL) - Boy, can this draft get any better for the Devils so far? Not only did they get their future #1 dman, they land a 2 way monster at RW that's a perfect partner for Jack Hughes. He's strong everywhere and can even play the dot. Amazing prospect to be landing at 18.
19/20 stats: 42 GP, 24 G, 36 A, 60 PTS

19. calgary_flames.svg  - Noel Gunler | RW | Lulea (SHL) - Gunler makes too much sense here. Calgary lacks scoring outside of their top 4 and Gunler provides that in spades. He had a rough year and has questions but there's no denying this kid's talent. His placement at 19 is a testament to just how strong this draft is.
19/20 stats: 45 GP, 4 G, 9 A, 13 PTS (4 GP, 4 G, 2 A, 6 PTS for Lulea J20)

20. new_jersey_devils.svg  (via VAN) - Jacob Perreault | RW | Sarnia (OHL) - New Jersey landed their #1 dman and their 2 way winger that's a fit with Jack Hughes. Now, they go and get Nico Hischier's future right hand man. Perreault's skill is immense. He has 40-50 goal upside if it all clicks. By placing him with Nico, you eleviate some of the two way work ethic concerns while capitalizing on his scoring ability. This draft, right here, would set the Devils up for a potential dominant future if it all clicks.
19/20 stats: 57 GP, 39 G, 31 A, 70 PTS

21. columbus_blue_jackets.svg  - Connor Zary | C | Kamloops (WHL) - The epitome of a Columbus draft pick. He's a really good two way player that just doesn't have quite the upside of his counterparts that went before him. He's a top 6 player, no question, but he's likely a top tier 2nd line centerman if it all clicks. Torts would kill for this kid.
19/20 stats: 57 GP, 38 G, 48 A, 86 PTS

22. ottawa_senators.svg  (via NYI) - William Wallinder | LHD | MODO (Swe J20) - This pick isn't going to be popular but I think the Sens shoot the moon here with the defenseman after landing Byfield and Raymond in the top 5. A lot of people have Lapierre mocked here so I threw a curveball with the same principle idea.
19/20 stats: 37 GP, 5 G, 19 A, 24 PTS (18 GP, 0 G, 2 A, 2 PTS for MODO in Allsvenskan)

23. dallas_stars.svg  - Hendrix Lapierre | C | Chicoutimi (QMJHL) - Another shoot the moon pick. Dallas seems the type to take the shot on Lapierre's upside. He's an insanely talented line driving centerman with elite of the elite type vision. They simply do not have anyone of his upside in their system and that includes 2018 1st rounder, Ty Dellandrea. Of course, everyone knows the risk that he carries.
19/20 stats: 19 GP, 2 G, 15 A, 17 PTS

24. new_york_rangers.svg  (via CAR) - Ridly Greig | C | Brandon (WHL) - This kid just screams Rags. He's a flat out pest but he's a damn fine hockey player. They need help on the dot badly and he'll provide it. Eventually, he slots in as their 2nd line centerman that provides an excellent 2 way, 200 foot game. This pick would piss me off to the fullest lol.
19/20 stats: 56 GP, 26 G, 34 A, 60 PTS

25. philadelphia_flyers.svg  - Lukas Reichel | LW | Berlin (DEL) - The Flyers are the one team that's hard to project because they can literally go any which way with their pick due to just how stupid their system is. Here, I went with the best 2 way player still left on the board. He's more likely a middle 6 winger but he's a high end one at that. He played full-time in the DEL as a 17 year old.
19/20 stats: 42 GP, 12 G, 12 A, 24 PTS

26. san_jose_sharks.svg  (via TBL) - J.J. Peterka | LW | Munich (DEL) - Pretty simple pick here and nothing new. Damn near every mock you'll see has the Sharks taking one of the Germans. So, naturally, I went the lazy route here with tendency. That being said, Peterka absolutely fits what the Sharks do.
19/20 stats: 42 GP, 7 G, 4 A, 11 PTS

27. colorado_avalanche.svg  - Jan Mysak | LW/C | Hamilton (OHL) - The Avs are pretty well set in their prospect pipeline but they do lack a legit top line potential LW. Even on the big club, it's Landeskog and a bunch of unknowns. Mysak's scoring ability would slide in on MacKinnon's left side phenomenally here.
19/20 stats: 22 GP, 15 G, 10 A, 25 PTS (26 GP, 5 G, 4 A, 9 PTS for HC Litvinov in the Czech League)

28. vegas_golden_knights.svg  - Dylan Holloway | LW/C | Wisconsin (Big-10) - This is where the polarizing kid goes off the board. A lot of people question Holloway's true upside but Vegas doesn't shy away from strong two way players, period. This is Holloway's floor IMO.
19/20 stats: 35 GP, 8 G, 9 A, 17 PTS

29. washington_capitals.svg  - Sam Colangelo | RW | Chicago (USHL) - Big skilled RW in the vein of someone like Blake Wheeler. Some question his true upside but I'm a fan and feel like he's a perfect fit in the Nation's capitol. Kid is very, very skilled for his size and his hockey sense is off the charts.
19/20 stats: 44 GP, 28 G, 30 A, 58 PTS

30. st_louis_blues.svg  - Justin Barron | RHD | Halifax (QMJHL) - The pick that makes too much sense. Barron's upside is immense, as would be expected for someone that's been on the 2020 draft radar for 2-3 seasons. His draft year was marred by injury and under-performance but the skill is there.
19/20 stats: 34 GP, 4 G, 15 A, 19 PTS

31. anaheim_ducks.svg  (via BOS) - Martin Chromiak | RW | Kingston (OHL) - The Ducks got their dman at #6 so this is where they address their top line RW of the future. Chromiak is insanely talented and doesn't turn 18 for another week. He was better than a PPG player for Kingston in his first season on North American ice that was unfortunately cut short due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
19/20 stats: 28 GP, 11 G, 22 A, 33 PTS (32 GP, 5 G, 1 A, 6 PTS in Slovakia prior)
Edited by beekay414
  • Like 5