Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

Soooo any Penguins fans want to chime in and say why this is a good trade for them? It seems like Toronto won this trade and got everything they wanted

It's legitimately like the Penguins went full on Bill O'Brien. I have no idea what they are doing here outside of skewing trade values lol

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's legitimately like the Penguins went full on Bill O'Brien. I have no idea what they are doing here outside of skewing trade values lol

I understand that Crosby/Malkin/Letang core is coming to a close, but good grief pull a Chicago and rebuild on the fly. This is just overpaying.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

I understand that Crosby/Malkin/Letang core is coming to a close, but good grief pull a Chicago and rebuild on the fly. This is just overpaying.

If this is true (pulled it from elsewhere), it's kind of amazing

Since 2013, Pittsburgh has drafted in the 1st round twice

2014- Kapapnen (whom they just re-acquired)
2019- Poulin

They now have no 2020 1st and no 2021 1st

They also have yet to have any of their 2016, 2017, 2018, or 2019 draft picks play a single NHL game for them

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Can't get the tweet to post properly but the Coyotes were docked their 2021 1st and 2020 2nd for violating the combine testing policy.

They're in a bad way in regards to picks the next 2 years. 

Burn it down. Hall isn't going back. Get away from the OEL contract; trade him to Edmonton and take back Neal just to make it happen. Or do the same with Calgary with Lucic. Kessel was a massive disappointment, eat some money and see if you can ship him off for something minor. I can't imagine that he wants to finish out his career there in that situation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Can't get the tweet to post properly but the Coyotes were docked their 2021 1st and 2020 2nd for violating the combine testing policy.

They're in a bad way in regards to picks the next 2 years. 

They are a bad way in general. They are going to be a selling team slowly this summer and then fire sale next season. Hall won't be back. OEL is gonezo. Half their team is UFA after next season. They are in for a loooong rebuild. I can see them trading a few over 25 players who haven't lived up to the billing. If you're a team with multiple 1st round picks (wink wink), I'd consider seeing if I can shake some talent loose.

5 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

They are a bad way in general. They are going to be a selling team slowly this summer and then fire sale next season. Hall won't be back. OEL is gonezo. Half their team is UFA after next season. They are in for a loooong rebuild. I can see them trading a few over 25 players who haven't lived up to the billing. If you're a team with multiple 1st round picks (wink wink), I'd consider seeing if I can shake some talent loose.

Honestly, I'm not really interested in any of their current talent, that they'd feasibly sell off, anyways.

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, I'm not really interested in any of their current talent, that they'd feasibly sell off, anyways.

Fair, but I would look at some of their veterans with expiring deals. You guys are such a young team, adding some quality veterans, even if you flip em at the deadline, would help.

Also Leafs apparently looking at trading Anderson, Kerfoot, Johnsson and Engvall. I wonder if they are gonna make a run at Pietreangelo.