Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

Tough luck for Demko, he could be a goalie to watch out for in the future.  Vegas definitely outclassed Vancouver as a team though and finally put them away.

Las Vegas and Dallas should be a really good matchup.  Really like both teams on paper, I would feel better about Dallas if Bishop was healthy.  Based on that and Vegas having more solid defensive structure in their system, I give them the slight edge over the Stars.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Why does this guy keep getting interviews?

I don't get it. I know he's interviewed for 2 different head coaching jobs and now a GM spot. IIRC he's also been considered for a director of amatuer scouting position in a few positions too.

I really hope Arizona does hire him though. Just for the laughs.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Carter Hart is gonna get a Price level contract isn't he? Also he's gonna be worth every single penny.

Such a disappointing result considering we blew a pretty decent chance to get to the ECF, but having Hart get two rounds of the playoffs under his belt at 22 years old is really good for him.  Had some hiccups but overall he was great.

Worst part is that AV completely neutered this team in the playoffs and once again relied on 'safe' players (Tanner Glass all over again).  This was a result of the PK of course, but Nate Thompson played just as much as Jake Voracek last night in a Game 7.  Gostisbehere was in the pressbox the entire series while Justin Braun and Robert Hagg got absolutely obliterated by the Islanders forecheck all series.  

Flyers have a lot of young pieces that just got a lot of good experience, and have more coming up through the system,  but I'm worried about this team with Fletcher/AV running it.  If they don't fire Michel Therrien after running a sub 8% PP during the playoffs it will be a travesty. 

i think it's sorta cool how we have two stylistic clashes in the conference finals - in saying that the playoff bubble stars have obviously been playing a more exciting brand of hockey than the stars did during the regular season but yeah

both dallas and nyi have been hit with similar criticisms in the bubble, "when will it stop working" and for both of them so far the answer has been neither. curious as to if that keeps up; either way they've both done enough surely to prove they aren't fluking it

28 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Brayden Point...3rd rounder. How? lmao.

Scouts who are dinosaurs. More "saw him good" types rather than "he has X% of his teams ES points" type. Thankfully there are more of the latter, and why we have a guy like Jarvis (who WHL guys are convinced will have Point like impact) in the top half of a very deep draft.

• Like 2