Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

So on the eve of lift off for playins and playoffs:

As of now, it seems like we're safe from Covid being bought in from the outside. Now the NHL just needs to be strict about bringing it inside. As long as we don't have anyone taking a trip to get some lemon pepper wings, I think we'll be fine.

Also Canada with both host cities >>>>

Nice aggressiveness shown by both teams in the first.  Like seeing the physical play in hockey.  Rangers do need to step it up offensively, we are not testing Mrazek.  

Not surprising so far, the Rangers only edges are in goaltending (which lessens when Shestyorkin is out) and top line forwards.  Otherwise, the Hurricanes are a stronger team than us overall.  Just means we have to work harder and get more contributions from our top guys to win this series.

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

hockey all day!

since i dont know much about nhl, i have to assign good guys and bad guys

heres who i am rooting for today

carolina over rangers

oilers over chicago

panthers over islanders

penguins over canadians

jets over flames

Welcome to following the best sport in the world! If you have any questions, we have a pretty solid, albiet small group of fans on here. Feel free to ask away. Nice picks btw.

Also this welcome is mostly cause you chose the Oilers over Chicago ;)

Welcome again!

• Like 2

Yeah, Rangers did not play a good game today and Carolina made sure to take advantage of it.  Carolina deserved their win and were on the front foot from the start.  Looks like the rust has effected both teams a lot because there were a lot of penalties in this game and most if not all were legitimate calls.  If the Rangers have any chance in this series, they need more from Panarin than what we got today.  Ultimately, I don't think we'll have enough to get past the 'Canes, but I am pleased with our progress this year regardless of how it ends.

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

Welcome to following the best sport in the world! If you have any questions, we have a pretty solid, albiet small group of fans on here. Feel free to ask away. Nice picks btw.

Also this welcome is mostly cause you chose the Oilers over Chicago ;)

Welcome again!

thanks! As a wisconsinite, that choice was pretty easy lol

• Like 1