Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, that wouldn't be too bad. He's gonna have to take something lesser and go play for a good team at this point. 

I'm honestly torn. I think he'd be a great buy low candidate who will probably outplay the 1 year deal he'll have to sign this offseason. He's still an elite transition player and he actually wants to play in Edmonton.

However, Alberta is a small province. As Letterkenny said it, bad gas travels fast in small towns. Or in this case province. There was too much smoke with regards to his attitude issues here for them to be just conjecture(Like this seasons Flames issues). There is also a concern of buy in. Tipp has this team playing big boy hockey with buy in from everyone from McDavid down. Hall really hasn't shown he does that in his career so far.

• Like 1

In good news Oskar Lindblom just got news that he is still cancer free which is awesome.  He had an understandably rough start to the year in terms of conditioning but since the team was off for COVID he's been great.  

Unfortunately the team comes out and bricks against NYR again.  I can't stand this coach/team this year. 

18 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

In good news Oskar Lindblom just got news that he is still cancer free which is awesome.  He had an understandably rough start to the year in terms of conditioning but since the team was off for COVID he's been great.  

Unfortunately the team comes out and bricks against NYR again.  I can't stand this coach/team this year. 

Your team D is absolutely lacking and Carter Hart has less confidence than @beekay414 in his prom night and right now couldn't stop a beach ball. Not only that, but you guys are fragile mentally. Either your coaching staff is getting tuned out or you don't have enough leaders on your team. 

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

Your team D is absolutely lacking and Carter Hart has less confidence than @beekay414 in his prom night and right now couldn't stop a beach ball. Not only that, but you guys are fragile mentally. Either your coaching staff is getting tuned out or you don't have enough leaders on your team. 

Haha, joke's on you. I didn't go to Prom!

Sad Ice Cream GIF

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

Crazy how much losing Niskanen has hurt the D overall.  D hasn't helped at all but Hart is for sure just completely gone mentally.  Super tough year for that as there's really no days off or any days to get right and Fletcher is a dumbass and has Elliott as a backup who absolutely cannot play two games in a row.  

On top of that AV is apparently saving Giroux for...the summer?  Giroux has once again been a stud two way player this year and he's getting 3rd line minutes.  On top of that he's an elite PP player and is getting PP2 time.  Assuming Hart gets his head right, this team is so close to competing, but I really have zero confidence in getting over that hump with AV/Fletcher in charge.  I really can't stand how much of an old boys club the NHL is.  

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Hockey coaches and the good ole boys club bull**** like this is why teams go south so fast.

Man I'm torn on this. Sutter has a incredibly specific way of coaching, and as seen with the Kings it has a limited shelf life. Even if it works. I agree the NHL is an old boys club, and I do think the NHL is an old boys club. Can see the argument that his way of coaching is outdated and misplaced.

However, Gaudreau has been slacking for over a season now. The guy is absolutely invisible without the puck. Near useless in corners, two-way game is barely noticeable, and if things aren't going his way he'll get lazy offensively. There is no winning hockey club on the planet who can win when your best player plays like that. Which the Flames aren't doing (and I'm fine with it). Chances are Gaudreau is a complimentary player miscast as a line driver, however if the Flames are going to get anything of value before he leave he needs to get going. He's been absolute trash.

2 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Man I'm torn on this. Sutter has a incredibly specific way of coaching, and as seen with the Kings it has a limited shelf life. Even if it works. I agree the NHL is an old boys club, and I do think the NHL is an old boys club. Can see the argument that his way of coaching is outdated and misplaced.

However, Gaudreau has been slacking for over a season now. The guy is absolutely invisible without the puck. Near useless in corners, two-way game is barely noticeable, and if things aren't going his way he'll get lazy offensively. There is no winning hockey club on the planet who can win when your best player plays like that. Which the Flames aren't doing (and I'm fine with it). Chances are Gaudreau is a complimentary player miscast as a line driver, however if the Flames are going to get anything of value before he leave he needs to get going. He's been absolute trash.

As someone who went through the whole sandbagging Taylor Hall saga, I get it, but leave this **** in house. If he's not responding, then there's nothing you can do, as it's on him as a player to adjust/be professional. Airing this type of stuff in the media never ends well.

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

As someone who went through the whole sandbagging Taylor Hall saga, I get it, but leave this **** in house. If he's not responding, then there's nothing you can do, as it's on him as a player to adjust/be professional. Airing this type of stuff in the media never ends well.

I suspect behind doors hasn't had any effect that's why he's doing this. He's become more and more a perimeter player since his 99 point season. I don't love to involve the media, but if your top guy is sandbagging it, Sutter I think is trying to wake up the rest.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

I suspect behind doors hasn't had any effect that's why he's doing this. He's become more and more a perimeter player since his 99 point season. I don't love to involve the media, but if your top guy is sandbagging it, Sutter I think is trying to wake up the rest.

I just don't think someone like Sutter deserves the benefit of the doubt either though.