Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

The sad thing is, he’s not even right about that. The Oilers analytics ‘department’ has one guy. He’s also the guy in charge of arranging travel. We definitely haven’t been built through analytics. Ignoring the ridiculousness of the rest of the statement. 

I agree. The Oilers have been built dealing with the terrible cap situation left by Peter “trade em,” Chiarelli. Holland will finally have some cap room which opens up some options for him.

Analytics ha ha ha

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I agree. The Oilers have been built dealing with the terrible cap situation left by Peter “trade em,” Chiarelli. Holland will finally have some cap room which opens up some options for him.

Analytics ha ha ha

Absolutely. The Chiarelli disaster finally has its effects lessening this offseason. Holland better come through. No more 'Turris for the 3C role' type signings.

I'd still love for us to invest more in the analytics side. I know Tipp has his own version of Corsi he uses, but still. One guy is pitiful.

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

Absolutely. The Chiarelli disaster finally has its effects lessening this offseason. Holland better come through. No more 'Turris for the 3C role' type signings.

I'd still love for us to invest more in the analytics side. I know Tipp has his own version of Corsi he uses, but still. One guy is pitiful.

He has to find a LW for McDavid.

Ryan McLeod didn’t look out of place at all but they need, as you suggested, to find a good 3C until McLeod shows he’s ready. Starting him on the 4th line would seem appropriate. 

He needs to figure out Goaltending. Smith back for one year is okay but not a solution. I don’t know if Skinner or others are solutions either.

Bouchard needs to play. 

I would hope Tyler Benson is close.

Sign Larsson, let  Barrie walk. 

Make the tough decision to sign or not sign Nuge. That will be interesting to watch.

Buy out Neal and Koskinen unless they can entice the Kraken to help.

Klef is coming back but how effective will he be?

He has lots to accomplish and even more to figure out.

Edited by diehardlionfan

Button's newest mock draft

1. Buffalo Sabres - Owen Power | LHD | Michigan (Big-10)
2. Seattle Kraken - Matthew Beniers | C | Michigan (Big-10)
3. Anaheim Ducks - Dylan Guenther | W | Edmonton (WHL)
4. New Jersey Devils - Brandt Clarke | RHD | Barrie (OHL)
5. Columbus Blue Jackets - Simon Edvinsson | LHD | Frolunda (SHL)
6. Detroit Red Wings - Jesper Wallstedt | G | Lulea (SHL)
7. San Jose Sharks - William Eklund | LW/C | Djurgardens (SHL)
8. Los Angeles Kings - Luke Hughes | LHD | USNTDP (USHL)
9. Vancouver Canucks - Kent Johnson | LW/C | Michigan (Big-10)
10. Ottawa Senators - Mason McTavish | C | Peterborough (OHL)
11. Chicago Blackhawks - Matthew Coronato | RW | Chicago (USHL)
12. Calgary Flames - Cole Sillinger | LW/C | Sioux Falls (USHL)
13. Philadelphia Flyers - Zachary L'Heureux | LW | Halifax (QMJHL)
14. Dallas Stars - Brennan Othmann | LW | Flint (OHL)
15. New York Rangers - Chaz Lucius | RW | USNTDP (USHL)

That would leave, assuming the Bruins take care of the Islanders, the Devils in a great spot at 19 (20 but Arizona's derp). Would leave us one of Lysell, Svechov, Lambos or Ceulemans.

34 minutes ago, Tperk said:

That was pretty damn bad. On par with Kadri's hit in round one.

I think that was worse than the Kadri hit personally, although I understand Kadri has a history of this BS.

12 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think that was worse than the Kadri hit personally, although I understand Kadri has a history of this BS.

That's why I think he'll get less than half of what Kadri got unfortunately. Schiefele was pissed all game and to take it on a guy when he's scoring on your empty net is no way to vent. I'll be surprised if he gets anymore than 3 games.

• Like 1