Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

58 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Boldy better be decent next year after seeing CC tearing it up in the playoffs.

I wish Billy G would of played him in the playoffs or after the Wild clinched their spot in the playoffs perfect time to see what he has or get his feet wet with playing in the big leagues imo. Just seems like it’s a free opportunity to get a look at someone after you clinched your spot in the regular season. 

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

I wish Billy G would of played him in the playoffs or after the Wild clinched their spot in the playoffs perfect time to see what he has or get his feet wet with playing in the big leagues imo. Just seems like it’s a free opportunity to get a look at someone after you clinched your spot in the regular season. 

Me and a buddy were tempted to make the drive to Iowa to see him play this spring. Figured he would get a call up like you said, so we didn't make the trip.

18 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

This is one of the best fairytale runs since the 2006 Oilers. Low seeded team has continuously upset higher seeds and is now in the finals. Really impressed by Montreal. Definitely Canada's team.

We didn’t get a real good look at Montreal during the regular season. Injuries, the impact of Covid, compressed schedule. They collectively had a rough regular season.

Its been a long time since I’ve seen a team so in tune with the systems. They’re a well coached group that bought in. 

If Danault tests free agency I sure hope Holland makes a serious pitch.

On 6/24/2021 at 1:28 PM, Canadian Saint said:

He's the guy who is going to teach your young guys how to play hockey in the NHL. For what he's shown so far, he's a good developmental coach and a good assistant coach. However, I'm not sure he's much of a lead guy.

This is Francis and management essentially saying we'll take the slow road to contendership. Which is perfectly fine. His in game adjustments and overall systems leave a bit to be desired, but hey maybe he's improved in that regard.

I was surprised by the hiring. 

His choices for assistants will be interesting.