Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

13 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

In a few years he will be on the list demonstrating long term deals are bad.

I get it that it’s hard to sign free agents in Edmonton without an overpay. I get it that U.S. born players seldom sign with Canadian teams which limits the available talent pool. It just doesn’t make sense to go 7 years or give away assets to sign him for 8 years. Sometimes the best trades are those you don’t make.

I don’t blame Katz. I blame Nicholson. Katz has done nothing but spend money so GM’s can pursue their ideas of roster construction.

My issue with Katz is he hires from a very limited talent pool. Which is team canada management. Lowe and Nicholson knew each other due to their years with Team Canada. Nicholson worked with both Chia and Kenny leading up to their hires.

Hell we basically scrapped our entire GM search the moment Kenny was available and started negotiating. Don't get me wrong, Nicholson is incompetent as well, but at the end of the day the responsibility ends with Katz. He keeps fanboying instead of actually being a good owner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

That is a dude who's stock has completely cratered

He just had surgery a month ago for a shoulder tear and is on an expiring deal. I wouldn't be so sure they take him if they don't envision him in their long term plans. Unlikely he will have much time to build up his value to be a deadline deal. I still think they take Kukan/Stenlund and we protect Eric Robinson instead of Domi.

Edited by TwoToneBlue