Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

If that is the deal, it's solid. Concerned about how he ages given he's not a great skater, but that deal wouldn't be an anchor

You’re right it is solid. Frankly it surprises me a bit. I thought the dollars would be a bit higher.

Of course until he signs on the dotted line anything is possible.

1 minute ago, Canadian Saint said:

What salaries do you think you guys would send back? The assumption has been, they want to move Tarasenko's salary to give them space to take a run at Landeskog (if he makes it to free agency, which I doubt).

I don't think we send any back. But because of that, we aren't paying the full freight either. I doubt we were offering anything great in compensation

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, looking at the entire list, I think they could draft an immediate bubble playoff team. Won't be as good as Vegas, one would think, but good enough to be in the mix for a spot in the dance. Really going to be fun on Wednesday.

The defense they can put together is super interesting

Just now, Forge said:

The defense they can put together is super interesting

The forward group as well, except maybe C. Will be really, really interesting to see what Ron Francis does. I tried to put together a team on Capfriendly but I couldn't decide what approach to take.