Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

4 hours ago, tom cody said:

3 series have a chance to wrap up tonight; I think Nashville and Tampa win and Minnesota forces a Game 6. 

It's crazy that there is a chance only one series goes past 5 games in the first round. But the overall lack of exciting series in the first round looks like it will be made up for with some of these 2nd round matchups that are looking like they will happen.

Edited by tntitans4life17

1 hour ago, renndawg37 said:

God I hate the Bruins. I hate the Leafs joke of a defense possibly even more though. Two horrible pinches pretty much cost us the game last night. Some awful giveaways as usual too. 

Going to be a big offseason for revamping the blue line. Rielly and Dermott are really the only two guys I'm excited about.

Gardiner is so frustrating at times but brilliant other times. Can't have that level of inconsistency.

Unfortunately, looks like a really weak UFA D pool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Going to be a big offseason for revamping the blue line. Rielly and Dermott are really the only two guys I'm excited about.

Gardiner is so frustrating at times but brilliant other times. Can't have that level of inconsistency.

Might have to work a trade or 2 and hope Liljegren progresses quickly. That 7 year deal for Zaitsev is already looking bad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Yep. We need massive D help too. Hope we push hard for Carlson. I'd like de Haan too. I'd be okay with bringing in Thomas Hickey, Lucas Sbisa or Ian Cole though too. Outside of those five, I have little interest. I'd rather just splurge on John Tavares lol.

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Yep. We need massive D help too. Hope we push hard for Carlson. I'd like de Haan too. I'd be okay with bringing in Thomas Hickey, Lucas Sbisa or Ian Cole though too. Outside of those five, I have little interest. I'd rather just splurge on John Tavares lol.

Team with Taylor Hall needs D help?  His trade value is only that of a middle pairing defender based on history, thinking Hall for Gudas straight up?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

Might have to work a trade or 2 and hope Liljegren progresses quickly. That 7 year deal for Zaitsev is already looking bad. 

Zaitsev really regressed. I figured he would never be as good as last year but at least passable. But he took a massive step back.

I'm pretty disappointed in Lou for not trading to add a defenseman at the deadline. We essentially burned a 2nd round pick for a Plekanec rental when everyone knew we needed help with defensemen. Puzzling for sure.

Liljegren can't get here so enough. We really lucked into landing him in the draft

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Seems like Carlson is going to have a very big market. A lot of teams are going to be in on him.

Might seem crazy but I actually wouldn't be opposed to the Leafs making a run at Tavares, shopping Nylander and trying to trade for D help. Not sure what @renndawg37 thinks about something like that. I know it's being shortsighted but Nylander has really shrunk this series. He's essentially been a non-factor.

Also, Auston Matthews has to be playing hurt. Honestly, that's the only thing I can think of that can explain how he's been playing for the last month or so.

• Like 1

Extremely impressed with the Avs in this series.  Going up against the President's Trophy winners and they have hardly looked out of their depth.  Huge game from Hammond in net and heck of a late comeback.  I think their fanbase has a lot to look forward to.

3 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Seems like Carlson is going to have a very big market. A lot of teams are going to be in on him.

Oh, no doubt. I think it's gonna take 7 years, $60 million to get him. If we don't get him, no biggie. We'll just go get Taylor's buddy, JT91.B|

Edited by bkobow05

On 20/04/2018 at 10:16 AM, flyers0909 said:

Dave ****head Hakstol is scratching Travis Sanheim for Game 5.  And he just called our Brandon Manning-Gudas pair SOLID.  This guy is an absolute trainwreck and has no business coaching in the NHL. 

Oh and Valteria Filppula is our 1C!

as much as i hate the fact i can make this post, val dragged them by the balls through periods of that game, amazing performance

i hope that hakstol keeps him there next game so the pens can run rampant 

6 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Oh, no doubt. I think it's gonna take 7 years, $60 million to get him. If we don't get him, no biggie. We'll just go get Taylor's buddy, JT91.B|

Well as long as you let him be the next Toronto born player to meet with the Leafs and then turn them down before, I'll allow it

• Like 1