WaPo article expected Thursday detailing major issues inside Redskins Park

Unconfirmed on Twitter, and this stuff can be wild, but the story is that Gruden benched Kapri Bibbs because he found out they were sleeping with the same person.  If Bibbs wasn't benched, then Marshall may not whiff on the block that nearly caused Alex Smith to lose a leg.  

This is the kind of stuff that you can't make up with this organization.  

46 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Unconfirmed on Twitter, and this stuff can be wild, but the story is that Gruden benched Kapri Bibbs because he found out they were sleeping with the same person.  If Bibbs wasn't benched, then Marshall may not whiff on the block that nearly caused Alex Smith to lose a leg.  

This is the kind of stuff that you can't make up with this organization.  

I think I saw that episode of “Playmakers”

Unless it's been a planned "coup" from the start like some people have alluded to, there's no way ownership is gonna change hands as soon as Snyder steps down, right? What are the implications for the team if their front office gets torn down exactly one month before the start of preseason? Judging by the timing and the alleged breadth of the accusations this really feels like it could lead up to the league confirming that the season will be moved or cancelled altogether.

Edited by LeonKennedy

1 minute ago, LeonKennedy said:

Unless it's been a planned "coup" from the start like some people have alluded to, there's no way ownership is gonna change hands as soon as Snyder steps down, right? What are the implications for the team if their front office gets torn down exactly one month before the start of preseason? Judging by the timing and the alleged breadth of the accusations this really feels like it could lead up to the league confirming that the season will be moved or cancelled altogether.

If it's truly bad enough to get Snyder out of there, the league will probably have to step in and separate him from the operations, which would lead to them putting someone in charge on an interim basis to keep the organization running.  

The big issue here is that we never replaced Lafemina when we took him out of the business side.  Allen took over both business and football and now he's gone.  Rivera was brought in with full control over the football side, and it appears he is involved with some business decisions.  As far as I know, no one was brought in for the business side, so the organization really isn't prepared for this either if people need to be forced out due to their involvement. 

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If it's truly bad enough to get Snyder out of there, the league will probably have to step in and separate him from the operations, which would lead to them putting someone in charge on an interim basis to keep the organization running.  

The big issue here is that we never replaced Lafemina when we took him out of the business side.  Allen took over both business and football and now he's gone.  Rivera was brought in with full control over the football side, and it appears he is involved with some business decisions.  As far as I know, no one was brought in for the business side, so the organization really isn't prepared for this either if people need to be forced out due to their involvement. 

The league taking the wheel for a year would make a lot of sense. Shouldn't be a tough compromise for the team either as long as there's someone, anyone helping them take care of this mess.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LeonKennedy said:

The league taking the wheel for a year would make a lot of sense. Shouldn't be a tough compromise for the team either as long as there's someone, anyone helping them take care of this mess.

@turtle28 started a thread yesterday about Joe Gibbs selling JGR and going in to buy the team.  I think he is too old to be involved in that aspect, but if he has a team of people from the NFL to work with, I could see Gibbs doing this for a year.