Chris Simms' Top 10 WRs

Chargers

9 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Film study shows that they both are true. It's not hate. It's what they are. I like complete wide receivers. Not incomplete players. Can't be the best unless you can do it all.

What in your film study shows you that Tyreek "can't take a hit"? I legitimately don't know what you intend for that to mean. Will he get injured if he gets hit too hard? Cause he has played in 92% of the games possible since coming into the league, a mark better than a few of the guys you mentioned above him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Some of these takes in here are comedy gold. Michael Thomas ranked out of the top 5? Yikes. I get people can have homer shades with division rivals at times, but that is truly next level homerism lol

Reminds me of the old Wes Welker debates, granted it was a lot more accepted that he wasn’t in the top 10. 

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Reminds me of the old Wes Welker debates, granted it was a lot more accepted that he wasn’t in the top 10. 

I don't see the comparison. Michael Thomas is widely regarded as the top WR in football by many and generally ranked no lower than top 3 in just about every ranking I've seen this past year. Wes Welker wasn't that.

I'm not one to take the NFL top 100 players poll too seriously, but I do find it funny that he was ranked as the 5th best player in the NFL regardless of position by his peers, but some people on here aren't even ranking him top 5 at WR lol

3 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I don't see the comparison. Michael Thomas is widely regarded as the top WR in football by many and generally ranked no lower than top 3 in just about every ranking I've seen this past year. Wes Welker wasn't that.

I'm not one to take the NFL top 100 players poll too seriously, but I do find it funny that he was ranked as the 5th best player in the NFL regardless of position by his peers, but some people on here aren't even ranking him top 5 at WR lol

Comparison is that both are/were short-to-intermediate dominant receivers that put up great production, but are widely criticized for not being able to get deep. It’s probably MT’s biggest criticism (besides his sensitivity), much like Hill’s criticism is only being a deep ball receiver that can’t go over the middle. 

Doesn’t have to be the same scale to have similarities.

11 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Comparison is that both are/were short-to-intermediate dominant receivers that put up great production, but are widely criticized for not being able to get deep. It’s probably MT’s biggest criticism (besides his sensitivity), much like Hill’s criticism is only being a deep ball receiver that can’t go over the middle. 

Doesn’t have to be the same scale to have similarities.

What does Thomas's "sensitivity" have to do with anything? His teammates all seem to respect him and he's never been a cancer like TO, Moss, Odell, AB, etc. It seems most people that view it as a negative are just salty fans, which I must say has been hilarious to watch play out.

50 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

What does Thomas's "sensitivity" have to do with anything? His teammates all seem to respect him and he's never been a cancer like TO, Moss, Odell, AB, etc. It seems most people that view it as a negative are just salty fans, which I must say has been hilarious to watch play out.

Anyone who has a criticism of a player = salty fan? He’s sensitive - really no way of getting around that one. Brought it up because along with his lack of depth in targets, it’s probably the number one thing brought up about him. 

If saying so bothers you, perhaps you are sensitive as well.

10 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Julio Jones is also widely regarded as the top wr by football in many. Hmmm..... how does that work. for that matter, you could say the same about hopkins. 

Oops, here come the twitter clips...

Edited by GSUeagles14

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Anyone who has a criticism of a player = salty fan? He’s sensitive - really no way of getting around that one. Brought it up because along with his lack of depth in targets, it’s probably the number one thing brought up about him. 

If saying so bothers you, perhaps you are sensitive as well.

I find it funny. It's just a strange thing to "knock" him on given it hasn't effected his play in any negative way if anything it fuels him and is a positive. There also isn't any evidence his teammates don't get along with him due to his perceived "sensitivity". So again, it's really just salty fans and it is entertaining to watch lol.

24 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Julio Jones is also widely regarded as the top wr by football in many. Hmmm..... how does that work. for that matter, you could say the same about hopkins. 

Oops, here come the twitter clips...

Perfect here comes the typical GSU post adding nothing to the conversation and pumping his chest like he just did something...

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

I find it funny. It's just a strange thing to "knock" him on given it hasn't effected his play in any negative way if anything it fuels him and is a positive. There also isn't any evidence his teammates don't get along with him due to his perceived "sensitivity". So again, it's really just salty fans and it is entertaining to watch lol.

Oh trust me, I find it funny too. Him and Kevin Durant can probably compete to see who has the most burner social media accounts.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Oh trust me, I find it funny too. Him and Kevin Durant can probably compete to see who has the most burner social media accounts.

Like I said if that's what fuels him to continue being the top WR in the league then I'm all for it lol