Chris Simms' Top 10 WRs

Chargers

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

Past two seasons, Thomas avgs about 4.0yac per reception. Jones is 3.9yac per reception

And Darren Waller had 6.67 - don’t think that’s necessarily the best indicator. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 12:58 AM, tyler735 said:

Interesting article showing another metric (seems there are so many out there for the reigning Offensive Player of the Year) of how dominant Michael Thomas was last season on a variety of different routes. Technically it's an article about which WR's were most effective at 8 common routes ran by WR's...Michael Thomas was rated #1 in 4 of the 8 listed routes.

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-3-nfl-wide-receivers-by-route-michael-thomas-reigns

******Variety of short routes. FIxed it for ya. Heck, even the article you linked states that several times so are you going to argue with the own article you posted? If not, what was the point, to show Thomas is the best short route WR in the league? Who disagrees with that?

But in all seriousness, i have to commend you on how much you care. This is the same thing that happened in the kamara thread. conversations die and then theres good ole @tyler735 posting 3 weeks later to bring them back to life. Personally, im looking forward to the twitter clips posted monthly once this thread hits 80 pages and 14 months old.

50 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

******Variety of short routes. FIxed it for ya. Heck, even the article you linked states that several times so are you going to argue with the own article you posted? If not, what was the point, to show Thomas is the best short route WR in the league? Who disagrees with that?

But in all seriousness, i have to commend you on how much you care. This is the same thing that happened in the kamara thread. conversations die and then theres good ole @tyler735 posting 3 weeks later to bring them back to life. Personally, im looking forward to the twitter clips posted monthly once this thread hits 80 pages and 14 months old.

Nobody asked you to keep coming back and commenting on posts that aren't even directed at you, but you have come into this thread multiple times to reply to me when I'm not even engaging in conversation with you. We get it, you're a salty Falcons fan that can't stand that Thomas is considered by many to be the best WR in football, but hey hang on to your horrible "adot" argument.

Also, I thought you said you were going to leave this thread, so the adults can talk, but here you are again...Truly sad to see..

Edited by tyler735

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Nobody asked you to keep coming back and commenting on posts that aren't even directed at you, but you have come into this thread multiple times to reply to me when I'm not even engaging in conversation with you. We get it, you're a salty Falcons fan that can't stand that Thomas is considered by many to be the best WR in football, but hey hang on to your horrible "adot" argument.

Also, I thought you said you were going to leave this thread, so the adults can talk, but here you are again...Truly sad to see..

if you dont want to be engaged in conversation, maybe dont post? Otherwise, Im still confused what you think that article showed? Is anyone disputing that Thomas is the best short route WR in the league? The article you posted pointed out several times how dangerous he is on short routes. And we went through this a month ago, you can say Thomas is considered by many, I also can say Julio is considered by many, or Hopkins is considered by many. You remember a month ago when all those rankings were linked by both of us? Why would I be salty when there are people who think Hopkins or Julio is the best as well? Or Hill according to Chris Simms? Like i said, just cant way for those awesome twitter clips to pop up.

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

if you dont want to be engaged in conversation, maybe dont post? Otherwise, Im still confused what you think that article showed? Is anyone disputing that Thomas is the best short route WR in the league? The article you posted pointed out several times how dangerous he is on short routes. And we went through this a month ago, you can say Thomas is considered by many, I also can say Julio is considered by many, or Hopkins is considered by many. You remember a month ago when all those rankings were linked by both of us? Why would I be salty when there are people who think Hopkins or Julio is the best as well? Or Hill according to Chris Simms? Like i said, just cant way for those awesome twitter clips to pop up.

I mean if you say you're going to leave a thread...Why not do us a favor and leave the thread. Regardless, I'm done engaging with you on this topic until you can come up with a more compelling argument than "adot".

I've undoubtedly made my point, which was pointed out by other posters in this thread as well. You have yet to do so. Until then you may want to look up some twitter clips and educate yourself on things other than "adot"...

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I mean if you say you're going to leave a thread...Why not do us a favor and leave the thread. Regardless, I'm done engaging with you on this topic until you can come up with a more compelling argument than "adot".

I've undoubtedly made my point, which was pointed out by other posters in this thread as well. You have yet to do so. Until then you may want to look up some twitter clips and educate yourself on things other than "adot"...

I decided to come back, and now im staying. Now that thats settled (and for whatever reason it had to be?), it must be nice to just ignore something whenever it doesnt fit your argument. Thomas is the best short wr in the league, you posted an article that shows just how good he is at short routes. Its ok that you think hes the best, other people/publications do as well. Just like other publications think Jones or Hopkins is. 

I know you want to paint the picture like adot is some flimsy stat, which is wrong. Or that I think adot is all that matters, which is also wrong. As Ive said many, many times I just dont think Thomas can be the best in teh league when he runs such an absurdly high percentage of shorter routes. You keep on posting that that reinforce how many short routes he runs and how good he is at it. Hence the best short route wr in the league. 

13 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I decided to come back, and now im staying. Now that thats settled (and for whatever reason it had to be?), it must be nice to just ignore something whenever it doesnt fit your argument. Thomas is the best short wr in the league, you posted an article that shows just how good he is at short routes. Its ok that you think hes the best, other people/publications do as well. Just like other publications think Jones or Hopkins is. 

I know you want to paint the picture like adot is some flimsy stat, which is wrong. Or that I think adot is all that matters, which is also wrong. As Ive said many, many times I just dont think Thomas can be the best in teh league when he runs such an absurdly high percentage of shorter routes. You keep on posting that that reinforce how many short routes he runs and how good he is at it. Hence the best short route wr in the league. 

tenor.gif

On 7/22/2020 at 8:53 AM, TitanLegend said:

Mike Evans might have an argument as the best WR in all of football(I have Julio and DeAndre definitely above him, but I can see Mike getting that love). He's most certainly the best on his team.

No one talks about him(relative to other top WRs) for some reason, but what the guy has done on a year in year out basis despite the dogturds he's played with at QB is absurd:

0HF9BFW.png

I think Mike takes the leap this year and becomes the best WR in all of football. He's wayyy too physically gifted alongside his natural talent for football to not be. 

1 hour ago, Drained said:

I think Mike takes the leap this year and becomes the best WR in all of football. He's wayyy too physically gifted alongside his natural talent for football to not be. 

its very possible, i think a lot of it depends on Brady. if he can play like a top 5 guy id almost call it likely.

@GSUeagles14 and @tyler735

Suggestion to you two - perhaps you should utilize our ignore function for one another? Not that it's really bad between you two (I've seen worse, but it's also not great between you two) but it's clear you won't ever see eye to eye. 

Just a thought. I like both of you overall, so I'm only thinking of what's best for both of you two. 😁

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

@GSUeagles14 and @tyler735

Suggestion to you two - perhaps you should utilize our ignore function for one another? Not that it's really bad between you two (I've seen worse, but it's also not great between you two) but it's clear you won't ever see eye to eye. 

Just a thought. I like both of you overall, so I'm only thinking of what's best for both of you two. 😁

let them fight fighting GIF

• Like 2

On 7/22/2020 at 12:47 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Simms is very quirky in his rankings. He has Newton as a top 10 QB, above Brees and Brady. His top 2 greatest QBs of all time are Rodgers and Elway...and Brees is on the list at 10, but Brees didn't even make his current top 10! lewl

Yeah that screams of just wanting attention