Face Coverings Now Required At All NFL Games

HolmesPriest

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

"There are no known medical conditions aside from a severe skin condition [like a very severe burn that needs medical attention] on your face that would prevent a person from wearing this type of mask,” David Kaufman, MD, pulmonologist and director of the medical ICU at Tisch Hospital, tells Health.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/can-you-be-medically-exempt-from-wearing-a-face-mask

Well, I'm certainly not a doctor, but I do have a diagnosis that prevents me from wearing a mask...  It's not a severe skin condition either, so I'm not sure why Dr. Kaufman would be speaking with such certainty.  The fact that he's speaking in absolutes (with 1 exception) should be a giant red flag and he should choose his wording more carefully.  Us non-medical professionals typically trust that what a doctor is claiming is accurate, but in this case, he is wrong.

14 minutes ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

Well, I'm certainly not a doctor, but I do have a diagnosis that prevents me from wearing a mask...  It's not a severe skin condition either, so I'm not sure why Dr. Kaufman would be speaking with such certainty.  The fact that he's speaking in absolutes (with 1 exception) should be a giant red flag and he should choose his wording more carefully.  Us non-medical professionals typically trust that what a doctor is claiming is accurate, but in this case, he is wrong.

considering I have seen no other medical expert say any differently, I think I will go with he's right and guy on the football forum who just admitted to not being medically trained at all is wrong. Seems like pretty sound logic 🙃

Heres some more for you:

Tom Lawton, who works at the Bradford Royal Infirmary in Yorkshire, north England, said he decided to run with the mask on, following his concerns for people with respiratory illnesses who want to wear a mask but are too scared to do so over false information.

He recorded that oxygen levels never fell below 98% of what it would usually be.

He told Newsweek: "There are a lot of people out there who just don't want to wear a mask and will find any excuse they can but the people I'm more concerned about are people with respiratory illnesses, who would like to wear a mask, would like to do their bit, but are scared because there have been reports that it causes hypoxia [a condition where the body is deprived of oxygen], I've seen some reports about people dropping dead while wearing masks.

"I'm someone who understands the science, I've got access to a pulse-oximeter (a device used to monitor the amount of oxygen carried around the body) so I can actually go out and show that it definitely doesn't.

"To make up for the fact that I'm fit and healthy, I thought if I'm running then I'm using 10 times the amount of oxygen as I would if I'm just sat here. If I can show that I can get 10 peoples worth of oxygen through the mask then hopefully someone who has a respiratory disease and wants to wear a mask, they can be reassured that it is safe thing to do."

https://www.newsweek.com/masks-covid-19-doctor-oxygen-1520060

Perhaps you are one of these people who is believing false information and therefore arent wearing a mask because of it as Dr. Lawton says above. Maybe this information will help you. 

10 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

considering I have seen no other medical expert say any differently, I think I will go with he's right and guy on the football forum who just admitted to not being medically trained at all is wrong. Seems like pretty sound logic 🙃

Heres some more for you:

https://www.newsweek.com/masks-covid-19-doctor-oxygen-1520060

Perhaps you are one of these people who is believing false information and therefore arent wearing a mask because of it as Dr. Lawton says above. Maybe this information will help you. 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I would typically side with the who specializes on that topic, but in this case I will trust my own personal experiences as well as the diagnosis that I have. If you'd care to discuss this further, I'd welcome it via PM. If not, I'm fine with that too.

1 minute ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion

Im presenting facts not an opinion. 

2 minutes ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

I will trust my own personal experiences as well as the diagnosis that I have. If you'd care to discuss this further, I'd welcome it via PM. If not, I'm fine with that too.

I dont see a need to delve into your personal business, PM or not. I don't need to know your experience or diagnosis because based on the facts and the experts there isn't one that would prevent wearing a typical mask. 

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Im presenting facts not an opinion. 

I dont see a need to delve into your personal business, PM or not. I don't need to know your experience or diagnosis because based on the facts and the experts there isn't one that would prevent wearing a typical mask. 

Well, the "facts" you are presenting aren't actually facts at all as they are flawed and inaccurate,  but carry on. I don't expect you to trust some random internet guy on a football forum, but try not to be so dismissive of his actual life experiences just because they contradict your perspective. 

1 minute ago, sparkyjoe1 said:

Well, the "facts" you are presenting aren't actually facts at all as they are flawed and inaccurate,  but carry on. I don't expect you to trust some random internet guy on a football forum, but try not to be so dismissive of his actual life experiences just because they contradict your perspective. 

Just putting facts in quotes doesnt make them not facts.

Just now, sparkyjoe1 said:

Just like calling them facts does not make them facts...

LOL

I literally linked sources and gave you empirical data from Dr. Lawson's experiment and testimony from medical experts who have done the leg work. Waiting for you to give me any credible information. I am giving you facts, showing you sources while you just flippantly tell me it's wrong without anything to back that up. 

22 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

LOL

I literally linked sources and gave you empirical data from Dr. Lawson's experiment and testimony from medical experts who have done the leg work. Waiting for you to give me any credible information. I am giving you facts, showing you sources while you just flippantly tell me it's wrong without anything to back that up. 

I sent you a pm

Until there is a vaccine I don't know why the NFL needs to have fans sitting in attendance at the games.  Are they that worried that they will lose part of their fan base or ticket sales by taking a hard stance on this?

I mean all the other pro sports leagues are not allowing fans, why should the NFL get a pass and risk putting people in harm's way?  God forbid they have to play one season without any fans in attendance....🙄

While it might not be the same thing I don't see why they can't just pump crowd noise into the stadiums so that home teams still have somewhat of an advantage over the visiting team.  Otherwise the NFL risks having an uneven playing field with some teams (depending on state laws) being allowed to have fans vs some teams not.

10,000 fans x $ 30 each = $ 300,000/ game
$300,000 x 16 games = 4,800,000 / weekend
$4,800,000 x 16 weekends = $ 76,800,000 for Parking, merchandise, beer, food etc.

10,000 fans x $125 per ticket = $ 1,250,000 per game
$ 1.25M x 16 games = $20 M per weekend in tix sales at a minimum
$ 20 M x 16 weekends = $ 320 M in tix sales for reg season

Pretty close to $400 M in revenue for having 10k fans at every game. Could be more/ less but its significant $$ either way

This thread has nothing to do with protests, which are political topics and therefore such discussion is against forum rules. Next person to bring it up gets a warning. Keep discussion to face coverings and how it effects football related activities; ie attending a game.

• Like 1