The SuperFlex Syndicate 2022 -- DISCUSSION

squire12

16 minutes ago, winitall said:

The other thing I wanted to note, is that since the keeper deadline already passed and the draft has started, I think rule changes should only be done for administrative purposes and not for other purposes. Bumping up the number of RB and WR by 1 really only has an administrative effect, allowing the last few rounds of the draft to go smoother. Someone can chime in if they disagree, but I don’t think anyone has made draft pick or keeper decisions based on the RB or WR limits. On the other hand, changing the QB roster limit would have significant strategic effects. Personally, I made some keeper decisions and roster moves because of the 3 QB limit. It was a factor in my decision making, and I’m guessing that others may have thought about it also. I feel like that would make more sense to add to the agenda for next off-season’s rules agenda, where people will have time to adjust to any changes. 

I think it just adds value to the roster to add a QB/TE slot. Otherwise I don’t see these RB/WR having any affect on the league year that are being picked in the 7/8 round. 

I mean we’re talking Big Ben, Goff, Bridgewater, Minshew that were potential drops this year I’m not for certain if they were even rostered. 

Also, Hurst Ebron at TE we’re they rostered? 

I’m just curious what outcome may have been different at the keeper deadline this year that a team could not recover from in the draft? 

Edited by Lionized

1 hour ago, winitall said:

I actually meant to talk with @squire12 about the position limits last night. My position is that I would be for increasing the RB/WR roster limits by 1 or 2 but not the QB limits. TE limit I don’t really care either way tbh. My thought process is that the fact you can only carry 3 QBs, while most often starting 2, is one of the more challenging aspects of the league. It always has been. Being able to carry more than 3 might remove that challenge. Plus, the roster changes and additional starters we added affect RB/WR more than any other position so I can see bumping those up. 

What are the position limits currently?

I know QB is 3.

44 minutes ago, winitall said:

The other thing I wanted to note, is that since the keeper deadline already passed and the draft has started, I think rule changes should only be done for administrative purposes and not for other purposes. Bumping up the number of RB and WR by 1 really only has an administrative effect, allowing the last few rounds of the draft to go smoother. Someone can chime in if they disagree, but I don’t think anyone has made draft pick or keeper decisions based on the RB or WR limits. On the other hand, changing the QB roster limit would have significant strategic effects. Personally, I made some keeper decisions and roster moves because of the 3 QB limit. It was a factor in my decision making, and I’m guessing that others may have thought about it also. I feel like that would make more sense to add to the agenda for next off-season’s rules agenda, where people will have time to adjust to any changes. 

I know I would have made a trade for a QB if the QB limit was not set at 3.

Next offseason is the time to make an adjustment on the QB limit, or we backtrack to pre keeper deadline.  Which, if we are doing that, a re-start might be best.

3 hours ago, Lionized said:

It’s more of a superduper flex league with only 10 teams. It’s not like it’s a 16 team league, which also has limits at 3 QB. 

There are only 32 starting QBs in the league.  If 8 teams used the limit of 4 QBs then the that would leave 2 teams without a starting QB.  Strong no thank you for me.