Jamal vs Gase

jetsfan4life51

Jamal Vs Gase  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fire Gase right now if that shuts up Jamal and he plays out his contract?

• Yes - he has to go
    • No - get rid of Jamal

15 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Lets get it clear I am not saying Adams needs to stay. I am not saying Gase is the only issue I am saying they both are. Do I think Adams is an idiot for demanding a new contract absolutely no question about that. Do I think Gase alienates players and causes turmoil in the organization yes I do. If he was Bill Belichec then I would bite my tongue because he has shown that he is capable of a winning culture but this guy has done nothing in any organization other then in Denver because of Peyton Manning to warrant a HC job in the NFL and even an OC. His offense is atrocious, his mentality of thinking he is bigger then he is, and the issues that he creates should all be factors on why he should be let go as well as Adams. I am not saying in any way Adams is the guy to stay and Gase isn't I specifically stated above they both need to go to better the Jets organization. You say he needs time he had 3 years in Miami and he ended up walking away with a losing record and his offense not even touching the top half of the league statistically. Look at his specialty in offense do you feel like his offense has warranted him an opportunity to be a hc? If your specialty is bottom half of the league dating back to Denver dont you think that is a huge concern? 

Talks have been brought up by the media where both the organization and player reps arent saying a word.  Bills front office is stable so this is why you do not have chatter about anything related to the team in a sense of players being unhappy or there is discord between the coaches, front office, and/or players. It is a culture that they have locked in. As for Tre, they have been working on a contract extension, the issue is he wants to wait and see what next offseason has to offer, as he knows more money is going to come his way as more CBs that dont deserve big contracts are getting them so he hasn't forced it. Not to mention the team is focused on keeping guys like Milano and Dawkins who are free agents next offseason while Tre has a 5th year option to give them an opportunity to wait if need be. 

So all in all I think you are better off with both gone per my original statement and I am done conversing about it. I can't change your mind and the point of me talking was just to give you guys something to think about no need to feel like I am attacking you or the team because I am not. I am just a fan of football and I think it would be best for the Jets to bring in a more stable HC who can build a culture with the players and let the players who don't want to buy in to the team go, hopefully for as much compensation as you can get. I do leave you with a couple of questions that you do not have to answer: what do you think is good enough for 2020 in order to say Gase is or isn't the guy, because thats what it will come down to more so then it happening now? I am not saying record I am saying as an overall coach who specializes in offense with a healthy Darnold, does the offense have to be top 10- top 15 or is it acceptable to be at the bottom statistically? Is keeping him long term good for Darnold growth if the offense struggles in 2020? I enjoyed your points and good luck with gase adams situation hopefully it works out for y'all

Thank you for proving my point while trying to explain yours

Two days later not a single Jets player has joined Adams on the Gase commentary. 

Not one player (or should I say dawg) to support their "leader"?

Speaks volumes.

Yet another FAIL by Adams and Mehta.  They deserve each other.  Symbiosis of toxic characters.

Edited by dcat

46 minutes ago, dcat said:

Two days later not a single Jets player has joined Adams on the Gase commentary. 

Not one player (or should I say dawg) to support their "leader"?

Speaks volumes.

Yet another FAIL by Adams and Mehta.  They deserve each other.  Symbiosis of toxic characters.

You're kidding right?

The guy just publicly castrated our head coach and you're surprised others haven't joined in?

It's been two days and not a single player has refuted what Jamal said; Not a single player has come out to defend their head coach. 

That's not concerning to you? No one has the balls to stand up to Jamal?  It's honestly shocking..

Silence or indifference in this situation doesn't fit your narrative.

Edited by NJC33
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

You're kidding right?

The guy just publicly castrated our head coach and you're surprised others haven't joined in?

It's been two days and not a single player has refuted what Jamal said; Not a single player has come out to defend their head coach. 

That's not concerning to you? No one has the balls to stand up to Jamal?  It's honestly shocking..

Silence or indifference in this situation doesn't fit your narrative.

I have no doubt that Adams is disliked in that clubhouse. At a minimum, sane players have to think he is unstable. And there is no way they are enjoying his trashing of the entire organization.  

Jamal just went all in.  Last chance effort before the start of season maybe?  Got a feeling camp will be crickets.  But for the media of course.

And ALex Lewis has already publicly challenged the things Mehta previously alleged.  In fact did so vehemently.  

Edited by dcat

29 minutes ago, dcat said:

I have no doubt that Adams is disliked in that clubhouse. At a minimum, sane players have to think he is unstable. And there is no way they are enjoying his trashing of the entire organization.  

Jamal just went all in.  Last chance effort before the start of season maybe?  Got a feeling camp will be crickets.  But for the media of course.

And ALex Lewis has already publicly challenged the things Mehta previously alleged.  In fact did so vehemently.  

None of this changes how off-base your last post was, but thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...