Official Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I have heard Hokit's name a few times now, I didn't do much research into him before he was on the Niners, but he looks like a solid option behind Juszczyk. Based on his highlights he looks to be a decently elusive runner (quicker than expected), nice hands and he isnt afraid to give/ take a hit. He will probably be stashed away on the P-squad, but nice to know we have that piece there if anything should happen to Juszczyk.

3 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

I have heard Hokit's name a few times now, I didn't do much research into him before he was on the Niners, but he looks like a solid option behind Juszczyk. Based on his highlights he looks to be a decently elusive runner (quicker than expected), nice hands and he isnt afraid to give/ take a hit. He will probably be stashed away on the P-squad, but nice to know we have that piece there if anything should happen to Juszczyk.

If he makes it on PS my guess he replaced Juszczyk next year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

The last couple of years my favorites out of the bottom 90 guys have been H-back / full back types. Last year it was Mayfield, who I thought could really be a steal but lost out to Helm, surprisingly. This year I was fairly early on the Hokit train to at least see what he could do (I don't expect him to make the roster, of course). Love juice, but when a cap is going down and we are capped out, you can't pay 5 million for a full back moving forward. Just not feasible. It's time to groom the next guy. 

• Like 1

At this point, we should be calling around to see if anyone has interest in Coleman. Conditional 6th or 7th or whatever to try and save all his salary rather than just the portion we would save by cutting him now that some is guaranteed. Jet, Mostert, Wilson and Hasty is more than sufficient in the backfield. 

Teams are going to bounce all over our leftovers after final cuts. Hasty, Hokit, Daniels, Givens, Street...they all can't make it unfortunately. And I'm not going to get my hopes up that they all clear waivers. Hopefully a few can 'magically' have an injury that puts them on IR for the season in the next couple of days.

Edited by 757-NINER

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not if you trade Thomas lol. 

I rather get a 3rd round comp pick for him when he has 10 sacks this season and signs a monster deal elsewhere….. 

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Teams are going to bounce all over our leftovers after final cuts. Hasty, Hokit, Daniels, Givens, Street...they all can't make it unfortunately. And I'm not going to get my hopes up that they all clear waivers. Hopefully a few can 'magically' have an injury that puts them on IR for the season in the next couple of days.

Not many teams use a FB so we should be able to put Hokit on the PS. I can definitely see a team picking up Givens or Street though. 

25 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I think Street makes the team has had a good camp

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Its nice to have dreams. 

You mean to tell me Thomas isn't going to get 10 sacks???? I'll settle for half that amount which I'm sure will equal what he's had thus far lol. All kidding aside, he's our second best interior rusher next to Armstead. He's going to get the volume of rushes he needs to make some noise so let's see what he can do. 

So looks like Harrell is quietly having a good camp. Any chance he makes the team over Dwelley? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

You mean to tell me Thomas isn't going to get 10 sacks???? I'll settle for half that amount which I'm sure will equal what he's had thus far lol. All kidding aside, he's our second best interior rusher next to Armstead. He's going to get the volume of rushes he needs to make some noise so let's see what he can do. 

So looks like Harrell is quietly having a good camp. Any chance he makes the team over Dwelley? 

I don't think so if only because of Dwelley's versatility in replacing Juice...but I could certainly be overstating that, I just know that Shanny loves that stuff.