Official Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

29 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Cyprien has a change of heart? Are PS players getting more than usual this year? 

We kept pretty much everyone we wanted to on the 53 man roster and PS, so thats good. 

I'm happy with Aiyuk & Williams replacing Sanders & Staley. TBD with Kinlaw & CO replacing Buckner....

Re-signed Armstead, Kittle, Lynch, & Shanahan...

Onto week 1!

48 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Cyprien has a change of heart? Are PS players getting more than usual this year? 

That's great news. Much rather have safety depth in-house as opposed to having to take guys off the street and plug them in. Also nice to see guys like Hokit, Harrell, Daniels, and Hasty clear waivers. Think we're set-up well to develop some young talented depth at certain positions down the road if we can retain all of them through the season.

10 hours ago, Forge said:

Validation on my earlier theory that the restructure was simply about adding 7m+ in cap space next year 

We honestly should do the same with Garoppolo, but I understand wanting to keep the guy hungry knowing that we can cut him for no cost. 

If we restructure, then cut him next year, it would be a net zero move and would have zero cap implications. Therefore it's the smart thing to do outside of the emotional reason of keeping Jimmy hungry 

On 9/5/2020 at 7:58 PM, struby3 said:

DFF was primarily playing MIKE during camp, according to Maiocco. Warner praised DFF's transition to the MIKE spot.

Hmmmm...never read that. I saw on Twitter that Al-Shaair was the one with green dot, relying the calls and that they seemed to be grooming him as the back-up Mike. Don't know how true that is. Just hard for me to imagine DFF being anybody's Mike. But stranger things have happened...

30 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Hmmmm...never read that. I saw on Twitter that Al-Shaair was the one with green dot, relying the calls and that they seemed to be grooming him as the back-up Mike. Don't know how true that is. Just hard for me to imagine DFF being anybody's Mike. But stranger things have happened...

I saw that about Al Shaair as well. I think they are trying to turn him into a jack of all 4th LB, tbh. Basically a top back up that could fill in anywhere should anyone get hurt. 

I do know that so many people were crazy with praise for DFF, though. Infectious type hype, I will admit. I'm freaking excited about him at this point LOL

11 hours ago, N4L said:

Validation on my earlier theory that the restructure was simply about adding 7m+ in cap space next year 

We honestly should do the same with Garoppolo, but I understand wanting to keep the guy hungry knowing that we can cut him for no cost. 

If we restructure, then cut him next year, it would be a net zero move and would have zero cap implications. Therefore it's the smart thing to do outside of the emotional reason of keeping Jimmy hungry 

The lack of a restructure on Jimmy is arguably one of the most fascinating facets of this whole thing. Could mean anything, could mean absolutely nothing. There's a part of me that wonders if they aren't just saving it for a longer extension? Like, I don't think that they will just restructure Jimmy. It's not often that at his age you would just restructure them. Usually it involves an extension with additional years on the back end. With three years left on the deal, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were waiting so that they could have more "new years" on the back end. If they extend him now, you really only get 2 new years in (since prorated portions are only 5 years), but next year you get three and so on.

For me personally, he also probably doesn't have a big enough sample where I would feel comfortable nailing down a dollar amount. He's worth more than he makes now given the QB market, but frankly, I don't want to give him a Jared Goff extension at 33 + /yr. He and Goff are very comparable in my opinion so he can easily justify that request, but if he is largely what we saw last year, then I'm okay moving on and money balling that position a bit with others for a much lower price point, tbh until I find the guy I do want to shell out cash for. 

18 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

who is ya'll #1 WR week 1

ff question

assuming deebo is out of course

If this is for fantasy purposes and Deebo is out, just punt 49er receivers, tbh. The ball is going to be spread around quite a bit, and it'll be Kittle as the prime target.