Official Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

17 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Thing is...I'm almost positive that DFF would have cleared waivers. He's a undersized WILL. That's why I felt Cyprien made more sense. Especially after he went public about not willing to be on the PS, which ultimately might have sealed his fate as well...

DFF was primarily playing MIKE during camp, according to Maiocco. Warner praised DFF's transition to the MIKE spot.

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Which makes me giggle when you consider that it may have cost us a super bowl last year with Person getting his lunch stolen

Giggle is the wrong word 

I wanted brunskill at RG. Was very adamant about it. 

Let's all celebrate the fact that DEEEEBOOOO IS BACK 

There were all those crazy rumors about the Washington Football team a while back, none of which turned out to be true....some random saints reporter quoted in NFL gen who said clowney had agreed to terms and would sign monday (and now it looks like he's signing with the titans)...vincent frank saying the niners had a trade lined up before the roster deadline (10 hours ago). Or about how Grant Cohn saying Kittle had signed a deal for 6/94 when he actually signed a deal for 5/75

Its about time we stop listening to random twitter accounts spewing nonsense.....

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I also don't think he is a sure bet to come back week 1. Let's see how he looks in practice first and if he has any setbacks or not. 

Is there any reason we would have removed him from the NFI if he wasn't ready? Like, if we didn't remove him today would we have had to put him on PUP? If so, that makes sense because we think he will be back before 6 weeks. 

If not, then I don't see a reason why I shouldn't expect to see him active on the 13th 

ALSO - get that GDT going!! It's time 

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

I legitimately don't understand why we never brought him back and elected to try dion freaking Jordan

Meh, I was never enamored with Moore like a majority of you all were. He never really stood out in anyway to me. He was just there. Nothing personal against the guy but I completely understood why we elected to try unearth another gem elsewhere. Not that Jordan would have been my first choice but a few Raider fans mentioned to me that he did flash some ability for them last year. And he fit more of the speed rusher type than Moore. I thought it was rather obvious we were looking to find another body that could bring more speed off the edge to mirror more of what Ford brings. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1