Training camp 2020 thread

paul-mac

On 8/16/2020 at 5:48 AM, elliot878 said:

You've lost me here.  If Bolles could actually play they'd have picked up his 5th year option.  I don't think they're declining that based on a rash of penalties last year, that's teachable.  

I agree we're stacked with talent at pretty much every position group on offense.  But I hope your bullishness proves right on the OL. 

Thought you'd like this.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/i-take-full-responsibility-garett-bolles-calls-past-play-unacceptable-takes-step

16 hours ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

I think there’s some middle ground between being 'old school' & just handing a rookie the job. 

The lack of preseason probably pushes the rookies down the pecking order in my opinion. Jeudy will start but I reckon Hamler, Cushenberry and Agim all start as backups and Ojemudia might even be inactive (Yiadom, Bausby and Devontae Harris all running ahead of him in camp). Strnad plays because of special teams and Todd Davis injury but Albert O could also be a healthy scratch 

That sucks for Hamler, misses a lot of time to get in sync with Lock and the offense.  If there is a positive it’s that Hamler’s skill set will allow him to still make an early impact in the return game and through manufactured touches until he get up to speed. 

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

That sucks for Hamler, misses a lot of time to get in sync with Lock and the offense.  If there is a positive it’s that Hamler’s skill set will allow him to still make an early impact in the return game and through manufactured touches until he get up to speed. 

I’m hearing good things about Tyrie Cleveland. Initially had him pencilled in as a PS stash but sounds like he could work his way into the lineup with Hamler out. Reports that he’s outperforming Tim Patrick and Dae’Sean Hamilton at camp. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

I’m hearing good things about Tyrie Cleveland. Initially had him pencilled in as a PS stash but sounds like he could work his way into the lineup with Hamler out. Reports that he’s outperforming Tim Patrick and Dae’Sean Hamilton at camp. 

Cleveland was one of the better special teams gunners in the draft, so that helps his chances.

25 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Cushenberry running exclusively with the 1’s today. 

Good.  He’s definitely the best talent at center on the roster.  Hope Munchak can get him cleaned up in pass pro because he can be a liability in that area at times.

I’m very high on Cush, don’t think there would be any question about him winning the job with a complete offseason. Combo of strength, length, movement skills, football IQ, leadership qualities and the best OL coach in the NFL developing him make me excited about his prospects. Hoping they can plug him in and not worry about center for a decade. 

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

I’m very high on Cush, don’t think there would be any question about him winning the job with a complete offseason. Combo of strength, length, movement skills, football IQ, leadership qualities and the best OL coach in the NFL developing him make me excited about his prospects. Hoping they can plug him in and not worry about center for a decade. 

That would be truly wonderful! Schlottman on the bench gives us great IOL depth at all three positions. really curious how Muti's faring. I'd be really pleased if they could give him a year of off-field rehab and training room regimen and let him fully heal.

• Like 1

Cushenberry is an excellent prospect.  His intangibles from what I have read are off the charts.  He also posses above average or better physical traits.  Only real knock is his pass pro.  He got abused at times at LSU in that area.  

But I think he could be Denver starting OC for a decade and if he cleans up the pass pro be one of the top 3-5 OCs in football.

Edited by germ-x

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

Cushenberry is an excellent prospect.  His intangibles from what I have read are off the charts.  He also posses above average or better physical traits.  Only real knock is his pass pro.  He got abused at times at LSU in that area.  

But I think he could be Denver starting OC for a decade and if he cleans up the pass pro be one of the top 3-5 OCs in football.

The "intangibles" are what have really intrigued me about this kid. No quit in him, a fiery leader by example, tough, wants to be the best, plays mean,, it's a long list. He likes it down there in the mud and muck and blood. IMO there's no other position in football where the intangibles are as important as the OL. No glory, no body ever pays attention to you unless you make a mistake.

About the only spot where if your name is mentioned in a game 90% of the time it's bad. It takes a special kind of guy to excel down there and I think he is.

I like that he has the anchor to stop the stronger DTs in their tracks. Paradis was a nice center for us  but he and those smaller ZBS type centers always struggle with raw power. Cush is a different prototype for his size. I remember the Raiders in 2016 running power for damn near an entire game because Rodney Hudson was blowing Sylvester Williams off the ball every play. Cush has that upside.