Food Draft - Meal Presentation

MKnight82

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I gotta say, I scrutinized your ingredients list to make sure you could make legit non-yankee biscuits, and a quality gravy way more than anything else anyone put forward.

I didn't say Counselor was lazy.  Just to be clear: I am being lazy by just leaving it at what it is, a whole bunch of seafood.

I was prepared to detail this prep because I know you southerners take your biscuits and gravy seriously.

I’m going to run through once more and vote tonight.  Tbh, my rankings are close, so I’m going to provide my ultimate reasoning of what edged people out relative to the other dishes.

Edit - I’ll vote tomorrow.  I’m taking some NyQuil and passing out.

Edited by SwAg

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

I was prepared to detail this prep because I know you southerners take your biscuits and gravy seriously.

It was probably what put you over ET80.  I'd take prime rib over duck the way you prepared it, but duck fat is the absolute perfect thing to cook potatoes in, and yes, I am very much a stereotypical southerner.  Biscuits do better with some shortening, but you can make them with just butter and buttermilk.

For the record, I love key lime pie when it isn't ruined with coconut.

• Like 1

OFFICIAL SCOREBOARD - FOOD DRAFT
SwAg 3 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 8
ET80 1 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 6
Daniel 2 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 5
LETSGOBROWNIES 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Counselor 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
MKnight82 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Daboyle 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
MWil23 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Current scoreboard.

Gonna keep it simple...

1. @SwAg. The items are jointed by the duck, but that's about it. Nonetheless, each item sounds incredible, even though I'm not very familiar with duck as a protein. Dessert is knocked out the park, IMO.

2. @Daniel - his venison entry has me drooling, everything sounds great. I'm a bit reserved for the mango chutney, a bit worried it might overpower everything but that's my only real complaint here. Really close for the top spot here, actually.

3. @MWil23 - I'm a lamb ****, I actually planned out a meal with lamb as my "ADP" protein pick at 5. The combination of items are a bit all over the place, but there's a vibrant flavor to some of the things he picked out.

To be honest, all of this stuff sounded amazing. I don't there's a bad meal across the group.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

OFFICIAL SCOREBOARD - FOOD DRAFT
SwAg 3 2 3 0 2 3 0 0 13
ET80 1 3 2 0 3 0 0 0 9
Daniel 2 0 0 3 1 2 0 0 8
LETSGOBROWNIES 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Counselor 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
MWil23 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Daboyle 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
MKnight82 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Daboyle gets my 2nd votes