Darius Slay - Is he elite?

teude

7 hours ago, LionsFTW said:

He got beat for two TDs yesterday. 

I don't know if you can say the first one is on him. They were in zone coverage and he came from outside of that. Without knowing his responsibility on the play I don't think you can put it on him.

the second one would have been a score on any DB.

57 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I don't know if you can say the first one is on him. They were in zone coverage and he came from outside of that. Without knowing his responsibility on the play I don't think you can put it on him.

the second one would have been a score on any DB.

Not Nnamdi Asomugha. 

On 10/9/2017 at 7:52 AM, theuntouchable said:

He's not big but he knows what he's doing. Is he elite at press? No but he is very quick and has a decent pop.

One picture where Bryant probably slipped isn't enough to judge him. I agree he is a very solid man to man CB, but at 190 lbs., he has had to give up some in press coverage against the huge WR's playing in the game today.

This question isn't really fair anymore, there isn't any elite CB in the NFL right now. No one has done what Asomuagha and Revis did the years they played great. Not Sherman or Patrick Peterson. They're good, really good but not elite like.

An you almost have to place Slay as a top 10 CB in this league. You look around and name, names, and Slay stacks up well with most anyone you mention.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived