Reuben Foster Activated off PUP

turtle28

45 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Prob won't live up to the hype with all the off time and injs,but if he's close to the player he was in SF could really help the Defense.

PS since he's likely to see his first action this year I'm going to consider him part of what we got from San Fran for Trent

56 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oh snap, we aren’t drawing a firm line in the sand with him for abusing females? Carolina must not have taken him off their draft board. 

Yep, I mentioned it on the team tweet, I must have 100 notifications on my response. Haha 😂 

All these burgundy and gold sunglasses dudes, just coming up with excuses.

Edited by turtle28

In fairness to the team, and I was certainly one who raised the disparate treatment issue in the other thread, I was never convinced that Foster assaulted that woman. I don’t believe the team was either, based on the information they had, and apparently neither were the prosecutors down in Florida. 

If they are convinced that Guice did what he’s accused of, based on the information they have, that certainly distinguishes the two situations and would justify treating the two players differently. 

The only thing that would make me mad about the team’s handling of these two situations — and there’s no way we’ll ever know whether this is true, at least not until his case goes forward in some fashion — is if they actually don’t have any convincing information about Guice and just cut him based solely on the fact that he was accused of something (likely based heavily on the fear of bad PR). If it turns out that’s what happened, I’ll be furious. 

Edited by e16bball

Just now, e16bball said:

In fairness to the team, and I was certainly one who raised the disparate treatment issue in the other thread, I was never convinced that Foster assaulted that woman. I don’t believe the team was either, based on the information they had, and apparently neither were the prosecutors down in Florida. 

If they are convinced that Guice did what he’s accused of, based on the information they have, that certainly distinguishes the two situations and would justify treating the two players differently. 

The only thing that would make mad about the team’s handling of these two situations — and there’s no way we’ll ever know whether this is true, at least not until his case goes forward in some fashion — is if they actually don’t have any convincing information about Guice and just cut him based solely on the fact that he was accused of something (likely based heavily on the fear of bad PR). If it turns out that’s what happened, I’ll be furious. 

I agree completely.  People love to assume

From a football standpoint, this is great news. On talent (adjusted for age, with respect to Thomas Davis), Foster is easily our best LB and at least two two in our back 7 along with Collins. Our LB corps looks like 3 big questions marks to me at the moment, and it will be excellent if we can pencil Foster in there long term. 

It will be interesting to see what they do with him. I think he’s a WLB in this defense, but it would be interesting to see if they’d consider bulking him up and using him at the SLB spot (especially if he’s lost a little speed/explosion due to the knee injury). I think he’s physical enough to handle that role, it could be worth a look. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

From a football standpoint, this is great news. On talent (adjusted for age, with respect to Thomas Davis), Foster is easily our best LB and at least two two in our back 7 along with Collins. Our LB corps looks like 3 big questions marks to me at the moment, and it will be excellent if we can pencil Foster in there long term. 

It will be interesting to see what they do with him. I think he’s a WLB in this defense, but it would be interesting to see if they’d consider bulking him up and using him at the SLB spot (especially if he’s lost a little speed/explosion due to the knee injury). I think he’s physical enough to handle that role, it could be worth a look. 

E, Don’t you think Cole Holcomb would be best suited to be the SAM in this defense? How would you line them up  W/M/S (Starting positions).