Early Game: Dolphins vs Saints Gamethread

GOGRIESE

Just now, titans0021 said:

Cutler looks so bad. For a guy who is supposed to survive on his arm strength, he's just bouncing throws to the sideline. I'm encouraged since I'm going to the Dolphins/Titans game next week, but I really didn't think he'd be this bad. 

Cutler might not even be the starter next week. I don't even think that's an overreaction. Gase already called the offense garbage last week and they looked even worse this week. The team needs a spark. 

Just now, Lilseb93 said:

Cutler might not even be the starter next week. I don't even think that's an overreaction. Gase already called the offense garbage last week and they looked even worse this week. The team needs a spark. 

I couldn't blame them. It's one thing to have an offense look incompetent for two straight weeks. It's a whole other thing to look this bad in back-to-back weeks against the Jets and Saints defenses.

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

I just got home from a picnic.  I see the Dolphins have scored zero points and we are into the 4th quarter.  Is that because the Saints defense has been playing well, or the Dolphins offense is that bad - or maybe a combination of both?

On a side note, it's really unfortunate what happened to Ryan Tannehill.  My cousin has worked closely with Tannehill's grandfather.  I have met him a few times and he was a great guy and always started glowing when someone brought up Ryan.  I really liked Ryan Tannehill a lot when he came out of Texas A&M and continue to be a fan of his.

I would say the Dolphins offense is that bad.  The Dolphins only scored 6 points last week and that was scored at the end of regulation against what was almost universally considered the least talented team in the NFL.  . 

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I couldn't blame them. It's one thing to have an offense look incompetent for two straight weeks. It's a whole other thing to look this bad in back-to-back weeks against the Jets and Saints defenses.

Yes this was supposed to be the easy part of the schedule. They have yet to play the Patriots, most of the NFC South, or most the AFC West yet. Plus the Titans and Ravens are good teams. 

The stadium will probably be empty. I think the fanbase has turned on the coaching staff and Cutler. I think the Gase needs to bench Cutler for the sake of his job. 

Just now, NS922 said:

I'm still trying to figure out how they shut the Bucs out 48-0 in 2012.

Yes, that made no sense at all.  Of course, it was the Bucs and Josh Freeman, who had a history of completely giving up late in the season.

4 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

So what you're saying is that Gase is trying to blame the offensive woes on the players instead of himself for trying to run the exact same offense that he did in Chicago? 

Archived