Jalen Hurd undergoing MRI might have torn ACL

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Unfortunately, I think you may be right....  😱

It's just so difficult to miss two full years to start your career and then make something of it. Outside of a QB playing the back up role, I struggle to think of guys that have legitimately missed the entire first two years of their career and became a success. He's basically played a little over 1 full season of college football the last five years. He's missed 2 years to start his NFL career, played a full year his final NCAA season, sat out a year prior to that while transferring, and the year before that only managed to play in 7 games I think his last year at Tennessee. All this while changing positions. 

If he makes something of his career at this point, it will be against some pretty astronomical odds.  I'm rooting for him, but that's an uphill climb. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's just so difficult to miss two full years to start your career and then make something of it. Outside of a QB playing the back up role, I struggle to think of guys that have legitimately missed the entire first two years of their career and became a success. He's basically played a little over 1 full season of college football the last five years. He's missed 2 years to start his NFL career, played a full year his final NCAA season, sat out a year prior to that while transferring, and the year before that only managed to play in 7 games I think his last year at Tennessee. All this while changing positions. 

If he makes something of his career at this point, it will be against some pretty astronomical odds.  I'm rooting for him, but that's an uphill climb. 

He's just following the footsteps of the great Jerrick McKinnon!

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jet didn't miss two years to start his career. 

Hurd is just getting all of his season ending injuries out of the way early in his career, so that he can be healthy later in his career 

Don't think about it too much, just accept it 

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

Hurd is just getting all of his season ending injuries out of the way early in his career, so that he can be healthy later in his career 

Don't think about it too much, just accept it 

He'll likely be doing it for another team lol

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Funny-1041.gif

This WR group is officially *** :)

Hopefully no shades of early 2018 when Jimmy was taking a boatload of sacks because the receivers couldn't get open in those first few games. Or when they did get open they dropped passes. 

Agreed, our receiver group has not been anything for awhile except for a couple of glimpses. We also know our offense is built around our run game more anyways, but hopefully Ayuik is the real deal and not just a player whose going to shine in training camp (rumors say he's lighting it up). Hopefully Pettis gets out of Kyle's dog house and does something this year too. 

I wonder if we are going to attempt to trade for anyone using picks? Only reason I would imagine they are hesitant due to the pandemic and possibility of a "paused" season at some point, if any for a possible 1 year rental on a receiver or any position (ala Sanders last year). Of course salary cap is a bit of a concern too.

Just now, StevenK said:

Agreed, our receiver group has not been anything for awhile except for a couple of glimpses. We also know our offense is built around our run game more anyways, but hopefully Ayuik is the real deal and not just a player whose going to shine in training camp (rumors say he's lighting it up). Hopefully Pettis gets out of Kyle's dog house and does something this year too. 

I wonder if we are going to attempt to trade for anyone using picks? Only reason I would imagine they are hesitant due to the pandemic and possibility of a "paused" season at some point, if any for a possible 1 year rental on a receiver or any position (ala Sanders last year). Of course salary cap is a bit of a concern too.

I hope not, in response to the bold. I am weary of renting players using picks (though Trent Williams isn't bad with a 3rd one year, 5th the previous....).

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Hopefully no shades of early 2018 when Jimmy was taking a boatload of sacks because the receivers couldn't get open in those first few games. Or when they did get open they dropped passes. 

Hopefully its like 2017 when it didn't matter who was running routes or blocking up front, #10 was completing passes 

12 hours ago, StevenK said:

wonder if we are going to attempt to trade for anyone using picks? Only reason I would imagine they are hesitant due to the pandemic and possibility of a "paused" season at some point, if any for a possible 1 year rental on a receiver or any position (ala Sanders last year). Of course salary cap is a bit of a concern too.

When deebo comes back, we will be fine. Bourne is a good #3 WR and fourth receiving option. Also, if Jeff Wilson jr or McKinnon become viable receiving targets Jimmy will have plenty to throw to. 

The cap is my main concern when it comes to trading for rentals. It's going to be hard to pay a guy like Warner with everyone else. We need to keep a pipeline of young talent walking in the door for a long time. We are in a really great position right now  

Now if there's an injury somewhere and trading a pick could be the difference in a ring? Pull the trigger 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Hopefully its like 2017 when it didn't matter who was running routes or blocking up front, #10 was completing passes 

True. But that was also before people had film on Jimmy Jesus. Luckily two of the first three games are against the Giants and Jets defenses. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 12:03 PM, Forge said:

Jet didn't miss two years to start his career. 

The coaching staff and FO have been patient with players they have a vision for. Seems like Hurd will get every chance to get on the field, until there's nothing left at all. He may retire before we release him, at this point.