Training Camp News

dll2000

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

It is incredible this is where we are at.

Imagine Nagy choosers Foles, that would make Mitch an epic level bust, and imagine Foles isn’t good.

Organizational tire fire.

An odd comment I remember from Nagy is when he said a while back that this will continue into the regular season.

To me, unless he ****s the bed, you start Mitch. Foles' best seasons in his career have come off the bench, why change that.

If as most of his teammates have claimed Mitch has improved, and we know what Foles is capable of, I don't believe it's about whether or not either is good vs a  Mike Glennon kind of disaster but rather are either or both good enough to win the 10-11 games needed to get us to the playoffs.  That has to be the initial goal in 2020.

This team has more than enough talent not to become a "tire fire".  Not even close.  Even the sports books see them at 8-8 worst case scenario which is really the platform we're launching from this year and not a 4 or 5 win season.  A very doable two game improvement takes us to 10-6 even with an average offense.

We don't have one of the worst offenses in the NFL or the very worst QBs.  What we did have in 2019 was an offensive scheme that for whatever set of reasons the players we have could not execute well.  Since we were limited in just how many changes we could make with personnel instead we added new coaches and new plans to improve our schemes in ways we hope this bunch can execute far better.  That's where we're at right now.  How well it all works out we're about to find out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

To recap the @WaddleandSilvy beat reporter round table

-Both QBs have sucked
-Foles has been slightly better
-4-3 believe Mitch starts the opener

You should go listen to the podcast. It will make you depressed and hate Ryan Pace even more.

The poster above you says the Bears "don't have one of the worst offenses in the NFL or the very worst QBs" though 😅

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

Let's play one meaningful game before we say we have one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

Good lord, @beardown3231 @WindyCity

I think it was pretty obvious that soul was referring to 2019, or at least if he wasn't, that's all we can go off of. They were quite clearly one of the worst offenses in the NFL in 2019. I'm not sure how that can be debated.

11 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I think it was pretty obvious that soul was referring to 2019, or at least if he wasn't, that's all we can go off of. They were quite clearly one of the worst offenses in the NFL in 2019. I'm not sure how that can be debated.

"We don't have one of the worst offenses in the NFL or the very worst QBs."

That does not say "we didn't have".

Also, I look forward to endlessly debating semantics with you this season 🙃

Edited by G08

1 hour ago, G08 said:

Let's play one meaningful game before we say we have one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

Good lord, @beardown3231 @WindyCity

On paper where do you rank them?

Based on 2019, based on the moves that were made, based on what we are hearing about the QBs in camp...

Why don’t we wait for them not to suck before we project some sort of big improvement? Instead of assuming improvement based on hope.

My thought process is that,

This was a garbage offense with terrible QB play, that added very little in the offseason and who every report out there says the QBs have sucked in camp.

Marginal talent upgrades + still bad QB = bottom 1/4 of the league offense.

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

On paper where do you rank them?

Based on 2019, based on the moves that were made, based on what we are hearing about the QBs in camp...

Why don’t we wait for them not to suck before we project some sort of big improvement? Instead of assuming improvement based on hope.

It's impossible to know anything about this team right now. Zero preseason games (which doesn't tell you much anyway), different running scheme, different personnel and attack, which will lead to different game plans. Literally impossible to have any sense of a pulse on what to expect.

On paper? I am high on Robinson, Montgomery, Graham and Cohen.

If we can average 4.0 YPC and Graham stays healthy, I think this offense can be at least 16th-18th in the league in scoring.

• Like 1