Jaguars DE Aaron Lynch retiring

RaidersAreOne

55 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I remember when he transferred from Notre Dame After his freshman year.... it was a big loss, he had massive potential and while he was okay at USF and in the NFL never matched the potential.  

I Feel like there’s a trend for veterans (who made enough money to start the next phase of their life but not enough to never work again) to retire “early” and not scrap for another 1-2 years in the league for near the league minimum.  With the beating their bodies take it just makes sense to walk away a little early.  He’s made 9M in career earnings... pocketed 4.5M.... should have 2.5-3M in the bank account.  Start/buy a business and live off the profits and have a nice nest egg already put away.  Why risk a crippling injury to only net 500k on a 1.01M contract when he can likely earn 150k easily managing a business and get the second stage of his career started.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I remember when he transferred from Notre Dame After his freshman year.... it was a big loss, he had massive potential and while he was okay at USF and in the NFL never matched the potential.  

I Feel like there’s a trend for veterans (who made enough money to start the next phase of their life but not enough to never work again) to retire “early” and not scrap for another 1-2 years in the league for near the league minimum.  With the beating their bodies take it just makes sense to walk away a little early.  He’s made 9M in career earnings... pocketed 4.5M.... should have 2.5-3M in the bank account.  Start/buy a business and live off the profits and have a nice nest egg already put away.  Why risk a crippling injury to only net 500k on a 1.01M contract when he can likely earn 150k easily managing a business and get the second stage of his career started.

I think he could have been so much more in the NFL if he had a work ethic. I was so pumped when we got him in the fifth round. I thought he was an absolute steal, and he showed flashes, but he just never seemed like he really cared about being great; he was just happy to be in the NFL.

• Like 1

There was a split second in 2014 when it looked like Aldon Smith and Aaron Lynch could be a quality duo for the 49ers as pass rushers. Both had their own personal issues that effected their ability to see the field, let alone be effective on it. Sucks. Lynch is only 27 years old too. Unfortunate. Injuries also probably kept him sidelined too. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

20 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I thought we were so stacked when we got him and Stephon Tuitt but then he transferred away lol

21 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

yeah franchise a popular fast food place or two and just live of fits earnings the rest of your life.